Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did this to my Ody first a while back after reading many owners were catching rocks and puncturing holes in their A/C or radiator lines. Figuring I could catch a rock in the Ridge just as easy I wanted to protect it a bit without causing too much of a restriction in airflow. The solution is very cheap and about an hours worth of work. I bought a roll of Gutter Guard for $3 which you can get at just about any hardware store. I cut it roughly to shape and installed with zip ties.

I had to drill smalls holes in the bumper to attach the very ends of the mesh but that was easy. The lower top opening I put the mesh behind the supports as I could get a much better fit that way. The lower lower opening has supports that are angled on the back side which caused fitting trouble so I mounted the mesh on the front side of them. Didn't quite come out as clean as mounting behind them but standing back 5 feet you'd never know and hardly see the mesh at all anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
That looks really good. I wanted to do something like that, but I didn't know what type of mesh to put behind it. Thanks for the tip!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
vertrkr said:
I did this to my Ody first a while back after reading many owners were catching rocks and punctering holes in their A/C or radiator lines. Figuring I could catch a rock in the Ridge just as easy I wanted to protect it a bit without causing too much of a restriction in airflow. The solution is very cheap and about an hours worth of work. I bought a roll of Gutter Guard for $3 which you can get at just about any hardware store. I cut it roughly to shape and installed with zip ties.

I had to drill smalls holes in the bumper to attach the very ends of the mesh but that was easy. The lower top opening I put the mesh behind the supports as I could get a much better fit that way. The lower lower opening has supports that are angled on the back side which caused fitting trouble so I mounted the mesh on the front side of them. Didn't quite come out as clean as mounting behind them but standing back 5 feet you'd never know and hardly see the mesh at all anyway.
Looks very familiar!! Did this awhile ago with expanded metal..this is even better and cheaper too. Check mine out at Image gallery "tex's ridge" :)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Another nice mod, vertrkr. I already have the Cloud-Rider set for my Ridge but that gutter guard may work-out for my Ody.

Thanks for posting the pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts