Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1366 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a small window of CNC time to mill a set of billet door sills for my Ridge. They are just decoration and serve no purpose at all kinda like gold plated tailgate logos. I’ll be cutting some gas, brake and parking brake pedal covers with the “Ridgeline oval pattern” next for my baby.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Those are nice, not sure I would want them myself but they look really cool. I always worry about adding stuff like that around here because of how cold it can get in the winter and it would be another place to collect ice.

·
Premium Member
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
captmiddy said:
Those are nice, not sure I would want them myself but they look really cool. I always worry about adding stuff like that around here because of how cold it can get in the winter and it would be another place to collect ice.
Hi Capt, These are pre-production prototypes and are applied with a 1/16 layer of 3M double stick 100% waterproof adhesive the entire length of the aluminum plate which seals the area under each piece. By comparison the stock plastic door sill can be removed with your fingernails and there are a set of three or four square and oval holes for the OEM plastic sills to mount to the truck body. Rest assured, I will take her into the snow country this winter for extensive testing. Thank you very much as I appreciate any and all ROC input on these items.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,351 Posts
Those are really nice. I would be interested in a set if they should become available for sale sometime in the future.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Those look great, you could make a killing selling those. Very, very nice work.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I would buy them in a heartbeat. Billet aluminum door sills -- yum! PM me with price as soon as you make the decision to sell them.

BTW, nice Mitutoyo caliper. Those the coolant proof ones?

·
Premium Member
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hum... Maybe I should contact T-mac about a ROC club pricing using paypal. I know I need his permission first so I'll pm him regarding mass production and sales on this forum and get back to all interested. Keep in mind these are real 6061-T6 billets machined and hardcoat anodized in America. They are not cast and polished in china replicas. Thank you all for your input. ROC-on!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
5S Dude said:
Keep in mind these are real 6061-T6 billets machined and hardcoat anodized in America.
Quit teasing us. I know quality when I see it.

I want, I want, I want........

·
Premium Member
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I've still not heard from T-Mac on this issue yet but I'm sure we will work out the details soon. I was looking around the engine bay last night and got to thinking about the mods we did on my del-Sol. What are your thoughts on decorative battery clamps? The units pictured were machined for the Subaru WRX. Thank you all for your input.

Mugen, went to you web pics, Man! you dig really deep to improve your sound system!! Very sweet indeed.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I want those door sills sooooooooo bad.

One question, since I am not at my truck now, how (if at all) do the door sills impact the weather seals on the door?

·
Premium Member
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nevadagarth said:
I want those door sills sooooooooo bad.

One question, since I am not at my truck now, how (if at all) do the door sills impact the weather seals on the door?
They measure 1/4 thick and are the same exact outside dimensions as the stock
plastic items. So they fit in exactly the same location as the stockers. Actually, the stock units fit neatly under the rubber door seals as does the billet units. :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
The door sill deco looks awesome!! Hey, I could help you out with the 'extensive testing' of your product during the winter (or now)...just send them my way! :) So when are you sending them to me? No....seriously! :D

-SixOpRidge

L

·
0 Posts
ridgeln said:
I'm ready to order... wow - they look great! - I'd love to see the billet covers for the pedals as well. Nice Work - you are a true artist!

-ridgeln
Maybe you could have them ready to bring to the ROC @ the ROCK I think you should come to! :D
( California is only a hoop and a hollar away )

1 - 20 of 1366 Posts