Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't found anything using the search tool, but has anyone added the console outlet to their Ridgeline when it wasn't equipped? I have a 2006 RTL I was thinking of adding it to but unsure if it were possible. Not real sure I'd use it much but would be nice for some things. I could buy an inverter box to plug into the round outlets, but I've never liked having stuff laying around like that. The plug would be much nicer!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I've thought of doing this as well. Simple to do. Just need a hard wired inverter, some cable, fuse, a shallow gang box, outlet and cover plate. I was going to add a switch as well. Plus may want a low voltage disconnect on the battery to so you don't kill it

Don't skimp on the inverter either. DO NOT use the 12v plug in style unless you plan on plugging in nothing bigger than your cell phone charger!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I guess what I was after was can a person buy the console outlet parts that Honda put in the later models and put in the earlier years? I figure I'd have to modify the console a bit for the OEM outlet assembly, but is there a wiring harness, relay, etc that can basically be popped in?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
You don't want that one. It's essentially the same as using a cigarette plug-in style. Might as well use an small inverter from off the shelf.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts