Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I may have asked this question before, Is there a way to install the newer review mirror backup camera(like the one in the 2014 RL) to my 2009? In other words could I swap out my current rear view mirror and run the camera to the back?
Is that in any way possible?

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
I too have a '09 with no camera or Navi system. I am curious about this option.

I believe the '14 model doesn't have the compass in the mirror, so you may miss that feature if replacing the mirror...? good question though. Most of what I have seen appears to be those with the Navi system already, and adding a camera to it.

I wait for replies too................

Edit:

I presume this also entails running wires up an A-Pillar, or through the roof somehow to connect it

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Interesting that the 'mirror' back-up cam is not listed as an accessory on Handa.com. I guess maybe it's NOT a dealer installable item?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I confess I haven't looked it up, but took the post for granted that the newer ('13 & '14) model years had the camera viewer in the mirror if Navi wasn't installed, since all Ridges have a back up camera since '13 I think.

Anyone with a '13 or '14 year truck chime in here//??

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I confess I haven't looked it up, but took the post for granted that the newer ('13 & '14) model years had the camera viewer in the mirror if Navi wasn't installed, since all Ridges have a back up camera since '13 I think.

Anyone with a '13 or '14 year truck chime in here//??
Yes , I believe if you don't have Navi (I don't), then you would get the backup camera in the rear view mirror if you bought a new RL. So, I'm thinking why couldnt they be swapped out? Probably much more involved than I can imagine, but would love to do it if it were possible. I found the mirror part #, it's about $400 bucks. But I can't find the camera part #...

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
The camera is integrated into the tailgate handle I think, so maybe check for tailgate handles, for '13 or'14 model year trucks, and it may show up there...?

$400ish for the mirror, then the camera, & wiring & time......I think Im out...LOL!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
The camera is integrated into the tailgate handle I think, so maybe check for tailgate handles, for '13 or'14 model year trucks, and it may show up there...?

$400ish for the mirror, then the camera, & wiring & time......I think Im out...LOL!
Same price ($34-ish) shows up for '14 tailgate handle as for '06 handle..... Hard to imagine there's on camera included there. But it IS a different P/N, although that would be the case just due to the hole in the handle to accommodate the camera... no clue here.... it doesn't show up anywhere separate from that that I can see. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts

Agreed with your think!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh I love the rear view camera. But you should check out aftermarket options at local auto parts stores.....

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I had an after market installed on my 08 and other than being pricy (hard wired) it was better than the OEM camera on my 2013. Hoping the GEN 2 has a backup camera equal to our 2014 Crosstour. The blind sport camera in the CT is great also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts