Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to add a factory Sirius Radio to Ridgeline Trims that don't have it? I know I seen some for the new Pilots and also where is the antenna installed on the Ridgeline that has the factory setup?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also why would Honda not have it in every trim level or make it upgrade or option?

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Sirius sells kits for G1 Ridgelines but it requires an XM button on the radio. I don't know if the lower G2 trims have a SiriusXM option on the audio screen or not. If so you may be able to add it, but like all other G2 aftermarket add-ones you may have to wait a while.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sirius sells kits for G1 Ridgelines but it requires an XM button on the radio. I don't know if the lower G2 trims have a SiriusXM option on the audio screen or not. If so you may be able to add it, but like all other G2 aftermarket add-ones you may have to wait a while.
Yes on the audio source on the touch screen there's an option for Sirius

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
441 Posts
Or you can use the Siriusxm app on your phone and bluetooth it thru your radio. It works well and you get more stations with it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Learned something new. It appears the bottom three Canadian versions include the 225 watt sound system with 8" screen. The top two (Touring and BE) have the 540 watt with 8" screen. The 5" "color" screen isn't even available here. The bottom two models, the LX-HS and the Sport do not include the SiriumXM module, though it is the identical setup as the Sport, which does include SiriusXM.

That makes me think you should be able to get a factory SXM module and just plug it in, though you'd probably have to run wires and the antenna.

That means the same settings for things like locks and stuff must be available for all Canadian models.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I installed a SiriusXM radio in my 2011 Ridgeline. I used a mount made for the RL that was for cellphones and mounted to the right of the radio. The bolt pattern fit the SiriusXM radio. I plugged it into the AUX plug and selected AUX on the radio for it to play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts