Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a way to add Honda heated seats to a RTS?

Wonder how much it would be for the parts?

I would think all you need is the heaters, switches & a fuse??

TIA

TL

·
Registered
802 Posts
djdj said:
You would probably need to add the wiring harnesses as well.
The wiring is probably already there-it's cheaper for a manufacturer to put the wiring for all possible accessories in every vehicle than to make them all different. I know for Mercedes, it's just a matter of adding the dash switch, plugging it into the harness that is already there, stuffing the heating elements into the seats and plugging them in. You might check on other Honda boards and see if anyone's done it to other models.

·
Registered
125 Posts
please keep us updated if you find anymore info out

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
It can also be done by after-market companies. I have a good friend that owns a Ford / Chrysler dealership. He recently had heaters installed in a King Ranch edition of the Expedition because it didn't come with factory installed heated seats. It was done by an after-market shop in Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
The wiring is probably already there-it's cheaper for a manufacturer to put the wiring for all possible accessories in every vehicle than to make them all different.
That certainly isn't true with the RL. Backup sensors are a good example. Dealer installed list price is $800-900.

·
Registered
268 Posts
scottIN said:
The wiring is probably already there-it's cheaper for a manufacturer to put the wiring for all possible accessories in every vehicle than to make them all different.
This usually isn't true for Hondas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
djdj said:
This usually isn't true for Hondas.
Hey guys...i have to disagree.....I just traded in my Element for my new RL and my element was a 03 DX AWD....so it didn't much in it except for AC, but I found as i started to buy honda accessories for it. it was prewired for accessories already, it just didn't have them...for example My DX was purchased W/O a stereo....I bought an aftermarket, it was prewired for a stereo and all the speakers, it just didn't have them. another example was the rear cargo power outlet, again the wiring and connectors were there already, it just needed to be placed in. Remote keyless entry was also added, and again all the wiring was there, just needed to plug in the transmitter in the factory pre fabbed location. Just a heads up.

Jay

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Strictly speaking, heated seats are neither an accessory or an option. They are not available in the RTS which has cloth seats and they are standard on the RTS which has leather seats.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone have the part numbers from the RL manual?

Will need:
Heating elements part number (maybe 2 parts - upper & lower)
wiring harness
Switch

I have found one good one on the net for $150 for both seats (upper & lower heating elements for each seat)

http://store.yahoo.com/sports-imports/pedecafiunhe.html

I am sure that OEM will cost a lot more $$$.

Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the seat fabric to install the heating elements?

I would like to stick with OEM parts if possible....

I will keep looking.

TIA,

TL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts