Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
What if you replace your battery with an AGM, and use one of those newer jump packs that are the size of 2 iphones?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am going to be visiting Watts Upfitting here in Colorado Springs (Peyton) to ask them some questions about adding a battery and isolator.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,931 Posts
G2 uses a 150Amp alternator. I would imagine, if going the route of a second battery, then an isolater rated appropriately would suffice. However, the advise that Roger provided is very sound.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
396 Posts
I'm no expert but I think this set up will work, plus if you need to jump your battery you are good to go.
Connect the leads to the Ridge battery, and when you want the extended power, pop the hood, connect the power booster.

I bought it to have a jumper when needed, and it makes life easier with the way the Honda buries the battery in the Ridgeline. But i think this would be a great alternative to a second battery.

noco.jpg

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,931 Posts
Those micro UPS units handle a max of 10A with adequate cooling. You can get away with 5A draw from them, but would be very cautious on them being mounted externally where water intrusion is possible. You would be better off mounting this inside the cabin and routing the wire to the exterior. Also, a 10Ahr SLA is around $25 and can be used to power small units, but again, need to be careful with prolonged use.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts