Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for either a light bar or LED pods to add for addition lighting in reverse. tried to get these to work but they cannot mount to the hitch. not enough room on there it blocks
where the pin goes to keep anything in place. anyone mount elsewhere?
Product Camera Camera accessory Black Cameras & optics

·
Premium Member
2018 RTL-T
436 Posts
Here’s a pic of an idea for you.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Here’s a link to the discussion and where I got the idea To add the light.

·
Premium Member
2018 RTL-T
436 Posts
I added more lights due to low lighting conditions in several areas that I frequent. More light is better in my opinion!

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,693 Posts
Though not a G2, you can go with this setup. Requires that you take the bumper off and cut a hole in it, along with the Styrofoam (or whatever material the G2 has) being scooped out.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

I used to have the traditional pods for many many years and eventually graduated to the above for a cleaner look. Additionally, the pods were getting water logged and some of the chips were not up to the task.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thought not a G2, you can go with this setup. Requires that you take the bumper off and cut a hole in it, along with the Styrofoam (or whatever material the G2 has) being scooped out.
View attachment 418047

I used to have the traditional pods for many many years and eventually graduated to the above for a cleaner look. Additionally, the pods were getting water logged and some of the chips were not up to the task.
View attachment 418048
Tried to wire the LED to the reverse lights, weird what i thought would work the best and the reverse still function but the wire to the additional light is not getting power.. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,693 Posts
Tried to wire the LED to the reverse lights, weird what i thought would work the best and the reverse still function but the wire to the additional light is not getting power.. any ideas?
How are you grounding the LEDs? Also ensure that the positive lead of the reverse bulb, is used on the positive lead of the LED pod.

On mine, The trigger wire is the positive lead of the reverse light. I run the LED reverse lights on a relay so the power comes from the battery (tapped into the junction I use for my amps) and ground them directly to the chassis. The Relay is vertical and is bolted/zip tied, to the body structure behind the driver side bend panel.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Isnt one of the pins on the 7-pin trailer connector a backup light?
If so one could just get a 7-pin connector and wire a brighter backup light to it for a fairly quick install. Youd just have to disconnect it before towing and if you dont tow its no big deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts