Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

If you've had to adjust your exterior temp, how much did you change?

• +5

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • +4

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • +3

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • +2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • +1

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 7.7%

Votes: 3 7.7%

Votes: 7 17.9%

Votes: 5 12.8%

Votes: 17 43.6%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I noticed that my outside temp gauge was about 5 degrees off so I adjusted it. Has your needed calibration?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I am sure it's in the book, but mine is in storage at the moment(long story) could you be so kind as to say how to adjust the outside air temp :)
thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Press and hold the reset button. You will hear a beep and see the temp setting begin to scroll from -5 to +5. Release the reset button when you see the change you would like to make. It goes fast so you may have to do it more than once to be where you want.

This goes without saying (so I am typing it), make sure you have a good temp to adjust it against. Not the local Bank sign.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Mine was off...just didn't know how much. I finally took the time to do it a few weeks ago. I put a digital thermometer out on a chair in the driveway, took my truck out to pick up my son at basketball practice (ten minute drive) and returned. I then looked at the digital thermometer and then my truck temp. It was about four degrees warmer than the one I had on the chair. I adjusted it down five degrees. Before you adjust, make sure to drive your truck a little while before you set it. It will change.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hiPSI said:
Mine was off...just didn't know how much. I finally took the time to do it a few weeks ago. I put a digital thermometer out on a chair in the driveway, QUOTE]

This method would work best on a cloudy day.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Be sure truck is warmed up. This adjustment will not work from a cold start.

Also be aware you will lose the mileage setting on your odometer A or B, whichever it is on.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I noticed mine didn't match a sign on the way in the other day but haven't adjusted it yet. I'm guessing I will be going to -5 but will use a thermometer to check it.

Thanks for the quick instuctions so I don't have ot look them up.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I used the outdoor themometor as a guage, weather.com, and some of the outside temps you see at banks. All told it was a -4 adjustment.

Of course, I got a very strange reading this morning when I started up Minerva. Instead of a temperature it said, "Butt Cold". :)

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Some days I get a higher reading than other temps I see and some days lower. On other days it's a perfect match. I'd say that it's close enough at 0 adjustment.

Wish you'd added "0" to your poll so I could vote and see the results without have to click "see results" every time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why would the vehicle need to be driven or why would the adjustment not work from a cold start? I don't understand.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Shoot. I thought you were going to tell me how to change the OUTSIDE temperature. It's not even getting above freezing these days and in the single digits at night. BBBRRRRR!

I'm glad you posted this. I haven't done an experiment to say if the temp is accurate, but I think ours is not. Hubby thinks it's dead on. We'll have to settle this one of these days.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Somewhere outside it is that temp.
Kinda like a broke clock. It's correct twice a day. HA HA.....:D

·
Registered
319 Posts
LadyRidge said:
Cool..thanks hipsi..didn't even know I could adjust that.
Me either, but while listening to the radio give the temp this AM it was 3 degrees and I was reading 12 so I am assuming I am off at least 9 degrees!!! I thought it seemed a little cooler.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Interesting that most of the adjustments are in the negative. I wanted to have an option for 0 but polls can only have 10 choices.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ruffles said:
Interesting that most of the adjustments are in the negative. I wanted to have an option for 0 but polls can only have 10 choices.

Even more interesting looking at the discrepency. I say get a new poll going and move to more negative numbers to see how far off they are. -5 like I answered but more like -9.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good point. Mine seemed to be more like -7 to -9 degrees off but as the adjustment is limited to +- 5, I thought I would just leave it at that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts