Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HondaCustSvc said:
Hello,

We are with American Honda Customer Service. We are sorry to hear that your vehicle is having issues with a sound concern. We would like to review your concern further. Could you please PM your VIN to look up your concern. Thank you and we look forward to your reply. ^SP
I find this private message very suspicious. No posts and they are asking for my VIN in rather poor English. Not sure how to contact the Admins, but you may want to look into whether this is who they say they are. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Selling_Taco

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Looks sketchy to me too. Are any of you recipients actually having some issue related to the post?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Honda engineers do monitor this board. Its possible that their trying to solve the problem of the whistling at high speeds. Why would anyone else send these PM's asking for your VIN? A VIN is not private information, its not like they can use it for identity theft.

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
Honda engineers do monitor this board. Its possible that their trying to solve the problem of the whistling at high speeds. Why would anyone else send these PM's asking for your VIN? A VIN is not private information, its not like they can use it for identity theft.
I've always wondered why people blur out VINs and license plate numbers - both are easily seen by the general public while you're driving down the road or parked in a public area.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I've always wondered why people blur out VINs and license plate numbers - both are easily seen by the general public while you're driving down the road or parked in a public area.
but people cruise the internet to steal info and a plate is one link in a chain. It is like a checking account #, they are on every check you write but you should not post that info online.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So this is a legitimate user name/profile. Apparently it is part of American Honda's social media group.

I've traded private messages with them and they called me today to give me a case # on the high-pitched whistling that I am experiencing. Big brother is watching. Mind your manners, y'all!

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
So this is a legitimate user name/profile. Apparently it is part of American Honda's social media group.

I've traded private messages with them and they called me today to give me a case # on the high-pitched whistling that I am experiencing. Big brother is watching. Mind your manners, y'all!
Good. Maybe @HondaCustSvc will call me with a solution to the brake-and-shake problem. My dealer's story ends with "...fuel slosh."

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Good. Maybe @HondaCustSvc will call me with a solution to the brake-and-shake problem. My dealer's story ends with "...fuel slosh."
Seems to me if you still have the B&S problem when the tank is full, it can't be a fuel sloshing issue. (not that I believe it was in the first place).

·
Administrator
16,081 Posts
Seems to me if you still have the B&S problem when the tank is full, it can't be a fuel sloshing issue. (not that I believe it was in the first place).
Yeah, it's definitely not fuel slosh. It does it when full (pump shuts off), when empty (low fuel light is on - no way 2 gallons of gasoline can shake the vehicle with such intensity, anyway), and everywhere in between with no variation whatsoever in intensity. I've subconsciously compensated by always coming to a "limo stop" or releasing the brakes momentary after stopping to interrupt the oscillation. If I don't, it feels like a 1973 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 with worn-out shocks. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts