Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 different, 2013, Sport trim Ridgelines available.

All are around 23-24k price, all have around 45k miles.

Test drove a couple, no surprises, normal wear and tear but nothing I couldn't live with. Some discoloration on the cloth but not bad.

Couple of considerations:

My dad has had a Ridgeline for years in Denver and swears by it. Drove it a bit and handled Colorado in general fine.
I am honestly saving up for when the Tesla truck comes out. Realistically I'd estimate it'd be out in 5 years or so, judging by the timeline of the Model 3. Just a guess.
In the meantime, I have no truck and could use one for kayak fishing primarily, but camping also. Would be a daily driver.
My strategy is: I'm just going to throw in for the Tesla most likely anyway, so why buy new truck now. Buy the used Ridgeline, which I like the looks of honestly, suck it up on gas mileage, and enjoy it while I have it for 5 years or so.

I am in no hurry as bass fishing is going to slow down a bit over the winter.
I would assume they want to get rid of Gen1's right about now.
I am a cash buyer, no drama/wasting time, and could do the deal whenever.
I have a trade in, but it won't make or break the deal.
And it's end of year, etc.

My offer was going to be something like 18k.

I feel like with all the things pointing towards buying new right now, the advantage is in my favor.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,414 Posts
I think they're going to give you walking papers with that low of an offer. I've been watching prices on Gen 1 models and they are holding up quite well. In fact I think they are a bit firmer now as some are not liking the Gen 2 looks, feature packages and high prices. Give it a try, but I think you'll end up in the low 20K department.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,414 Posts
Can't hurt hitting them low. Worst they can say is "No".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright so update on this is:

I have found one that is just under 21k and the price is falling steadily every week.

2013 Sport

Positives:

Price is very low.
It has the Honda Pre-Certified, which really I'm mainly concerned with the inspection and 7yr/100k mile (pro-rated) powertain warranty.
Very good condition, no scratches or stains.
Has the rubber floor mats.
Color I had wanted.
Dealer has fairly good "ratings", as much as you can trust that.
Dealer has been actually helpful in email.

Negatives:

It has 51k miles.
It's 150miles away, but I'd drive it for a low price.

I guess the only thing holding me back is: you guys know the vehicle better than I do at higher mileage - if I wanted to keep the truck for 5-6 years and I do average 11k year, am I going to get in any trouble when I hit, say, 100k miles?

I will note that I enjoy maintaining vehicles and would probably do everything by the book and then some.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts