Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
260k miles. Was gonna go with KYB struts and use old springs. Anyone know of any good full strut assemblies??? Also anyone ever use Mevotech control arms??? Issues problems
thanks.

truck runs great just the suspension bushing and most rubber is all shot. the heat in vegas kills it. Never offroad or tow but many miles.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
You can get OEM "full assembly" for about $285. each for the fronts, and $195 each for the rears (bernardiparts.com, etc.).

That's the only "full assembly" source I'm aware of (includes assembled spring, strut, mount, seat, etc.).

This can be a real workable solution for anyone that doesn't want to mess with spring compressors, etc., but can do the much more simple remove-&-replace job using the entire assembly. Saves lots of labor dollars required to have someone else install struts.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
When I was researching mevotech, I found alot of good reviews on them in the german community. I tried ordering them from rockauto.com but kept receiving them damaged. cut ball joint boots mostly. So I ended up swapping them for the dorman ones. About 20k on them and they still look new. Ball joint was nice and tight. Heck of alot cheaper then oem.

I dont believe there is any quality drop in full assemblies

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I was going to replace my front struts, you can get fully loaded(spring, strut, etc. ) from Rock auto for 125.00 ea., they are unity brand, they do give you a warranty. I also believe you can get Monroe struts that are fully loaded but they are around $200.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,268 Posts
My last set of "Monroe" were junk. I drove my OEM struts on my Civic and Del Sol to between 125k-130k, the Monroe only made another 60k-70k on each, 3 of the 4 were leaking, and per Monroe they were out of warranty (50K). Did the Civic a second time with some even cheaper junk and sold it in about another 30k miles. Del Sol needs it done, but may kick the can down the road to the next owner.

Struts are a "get what you pay for" item, my RL will go OEM or KYB, who builds for Honda, IIRC.

·
Registered
235 Posts
When I was researching mevotech, I found alot of good reviews on them in the german community. I tried ordering them from rockauto.com but kept receiving them damaged. cut ball joint boots mostly. So I ended up swapping them for the dorman ones. About 20k on them and they still look new. Ball joint was nice and tight. Heck of alot cheaper then oem.

I dont believe there is any quality drop in full assemblies
@S.T.U.V how have those control arms held up?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
@S.T.U.V how have those control arms held up?

A clunk developed on the drivers side when going into a drive way etc. So I warrantied it and sure enough the ball joint was way loose in its socket. So a couple weeks ago I warrantied the passenger side when I redid all the suspension. The ball joint was floppy but not loose in its socket. They still accepted the warranty though. Being as I can do the work myself its whatever. If I had to pay someone to do it, and the truck was under 150k...id save up to get originals.

I would probably guesstimate 60K on them....I will try to look it up.

Edit: I was approx 170k when I bought them. Warrantied the first one around 225k and I am at 135k ish now.

·
Registered
235 Posts
A clunk developed on the drivers side when going into a drive way etc. So I warrantied it and sure enough the ball joint was way loose in its socket. So a couple weeks ago I warrantied the passenger side when I redid all the suspension. The ball joint was floppy but not loose in its socket. They still accepted the warranty though. Being as I can do the work myself its whatever. If I had to pay someone to do it, and the truck was under 150k...id save up to get originals.

Edit: I was approx 170k when I bought them. Warrantied the first one around 225k and I am at 135k ish now.
All good information. I don't ride as tough as you do, but i will be towing. Considering you got 60k, I'll probably have to do my struts around then anyway.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
555 Posts

Do you know what they would have charged if it wasn't covered under warranty?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts