Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking at all the models of RL's and comparing the differences before a purchase and was wanting to ask a few questions and see if anyone had any tips.

1. Is there any model either current or past that stands above the others for any specific reasons as far as modability or overall less problems?

2. Is there any specific year that has a specifically darker blacker interior?

3. Is there a year that anyone has specific likes/dislikes for?

4. Is there a reason that I should not spend the extra money on the moonroof?
(I mean truthfully I was aiming more toward the RTS model because of pricing, but that moonroof does kinda make me want an RTL)

I appreciate just a general open discussion on this topic, if anyone is interested in helping me. I would love to personally shop around at the moment but I am stuck in Iraq for about another 6 months and can't actually get my hands on the vehicle. Well I await your thoughts, thanks guys.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome to the ROC and thank you for your service.

I have an 09' RTL w/no Nav with the black leather and interior and moon roof. I was leaning toward an RTS also, but when I bought my Ridge back in July the price was right for me to upgrade to the RTL. Plus the added upgrades from the RTS.

Power moonroof
Fog lights
115-Volt Power outlet
18" Alloy wheels
HomeLink® remote system[3]
Leather trimmed interior
Heated front seats
Carpeted floormats
Heated folding power side mirrors

I waited two years to by mine so I hope the six months go by quickly and safely for you.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Welcome to the ROC:cool: Thank you for all you do;)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
First, we appreciate your service!
Every model has the same basics so there is no reliability issues from one to the other. Even the RT is loaded compared to the competitors. One thing to think about though is the stereo is better on the RTS and RTL. The leather on the RTL is what I like. I am pretty tall 6'4") and the sunroof does not hinder headroom. Pick what you can afford and don't look back. Enjoy.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I ended up going with the base RT model for one main reason: the registration fees I have to pay on it are based on the original MSRP (here in Colorado, not sure how it's done in other states). The RT's tend to run about $3000 to $5000 less than the top of the line RTL when new. So by purchasing the RT, I will be saving myself some money every year when the registration has to be renewed. Option wise, the RT really does offer a lot, and you can easily add features like the trailer hitch, bed covers, etc. to upgrade. Just my $.02!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I had an 06 rts and now an 07 rtx and loved both of them. I like my rtx because of the factory tow package and accessory grille it came with. I do miss the dual climate control the rts had, but nothing else is really different that I can't or haven't changed. I do however wish and wanted to buy the rtl model for the sunroof and leather. That's the only down size to cloth seats in a ridgeline is they are easy to stain and almost impossible to clean. With leather you just wipe off and go. So unless I find a real good deal on an rtl then I'm going to upgrade my rtx to leather even though it won't be heated power seats and sunroof, it will be cheaper and is already almost paid for. But as said before there really isn't a base model like with chevy, its just a lesser optioned model with the exact same body, suspension, and drivetrain parts as the higher end models. The only thing that really varies between models is interior accessories. No rubber mat instead of carpet or missing arm rests or weaker motors and packages like the big 3 sell.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I second the motion of getting what you can afford since the engine, transmission, and 4 wheel drive are standard features. If you plan on towing even a little bit, get the factory hitch and wire harness!

My wife loves the dual climate control (you know the saying, if Momma's not happy....)

I live in south Louisiana and we get plenty of rain - no problem with the moon roof. It is one of my favorite features.

If you can swing it, the navigation system is very convenient.

Go to the H and A site (sponsor of the forum) and check out the accessories I am sure you will find some that suit your needs.

Other than that, pick you favorite color and you are set.

·
Registered
322 Posts
if you can try to get a 09 as there were plenty of technical upgrades that are good to have and may give you better gas mileage for that reason. Since it is newer it may decide for you what model you get due to price:hol002:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts