Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am looking seriously at this 2017 RTL-T. Not too far of a drive and its certified. Listed at $29,231 with 18k miles.
Little high but fairly priced given mileage and CPO. But they usually price CPOs a little high and you'll negotiate down. You'll think you got a good deal and they'll still turn a good profit.

I'd say 27,500 for that would be a good price if you can haggle them down. Low mileage and certified so you'll have about 4 years/80k warranty.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi All,
I'm new here, first post. I am considering buying a used 2017 Black Edition from a used car dealer. I've been searching around and used ones are really hard to find. Its for sale in Fredericksburg, VA. Since this is my first post I can't add the link.

The list price is $30,000 with 27k miles. The pics look ok but the carfax report shows it's been in an accident. No other details other than:

Accident reported
  • Involving front impact
  • Involving rear impact with another motor vehicle
  • Damage to left side
  • Damage to left front
  • Damage to right rear
Just wanted some input on whether its a good price considering the accident. Should I ask for a lower price because of the accident? Should I not even consider it? Should I be worried that I won't be able to sell it (several years from now obviously) or take a big hit on the price because of it?

Anyways, thanks for reading
I would not go there...damage to front, side, and rear...too much for my comfort level. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in Bloomington IN and went up to the Honda dealer I've been dealing with for years. I traded my 2017 Honda Accord Touring car for a 2017 Ridgeline Black Edition. I paid a more for mine, but it had a clear Carfax and 21,000 miles. All the service records. It was a turned in lease. The truck was in mint condition with all the Honda OEM bling. Bed cover, side boards and roof rack. I just saw one at a local dealer on the lot. The Black Edition are very rare where I live. I was surprised to see one. The dealer is called Blends. It was there last week. You may want to look them up and see what they say. Might be worth the drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
I'm new here, first post. I am considering buying a used 2017 Black Edition from a used car dealer. I've been searching around and used ones are really hard to find. Its for sale in Fredericksburg, VA. Since this is my first post I can't add the link.

The list price is $30,000 with 27k miles. The pics look ok but the carfax report shows it's been in an accident. No other details other than:

Accident reported
  • Involving front impact
  • Damage to left side
  • Damage to left front
  • Damage to right rear
Just wanted some input on whether its a good price considering the accident. Should I ask for a lower price because of the accident? Should I not even consider it? Should I be worried that I won't be able to sell it (several years from now obviously) or take a big hit on the price because of it?

We just purchased a 2018 RTLT for 28K. It also had a front left accident reported. We love the Ridgeline, this is our second, and the technology in this one is fantastic. But the front left accident did have some affect on the technology because of the radar which had to be realigned. Someone also didn’t plug-in the hood latch which made a number of the functions not work until we figured it out. By the way, the repair job was not the highest quality so it may have had more impact, pun not intended, then a good repair would have had. Just be aware that the technology can be affected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

Accident reported
  • Involving front impact
  • Damage to left side
  • Damage to left front
  • Damage to right rear

I am in the Los Angeles area, and just bought a 2019 Ridgeline Sport AWD that had a sticker price of 36345, and got it for 30631, plus TTL. They had an alarm that they installed, so I took that, and walked away with the truck for 36000 OTD. It was a great price. AWD are hard to find, lots of FWD out there. They are not giving deals on 2020 models. Most dealerships only keep 1 or 2 on the lot.

I would not buy someone else's mess. Find one with a clean carfax orauto check, or get a new one from 2019.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good to see you have taken a pass on a vehicle that was damaged on every side. Either that was one hell of an accident or the driver was just plain bad. I would think that the number of cars with damage on the front, rear, left, and right is close to zero. In my opinion there is no way all that damage isn't going to surface as issues in the near future, that is just too many areas of repair to not cause problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can comment as a recent 2017 RTL-E buyer.

Clean car fax; recall work done, 21k miles, Honda roof rack installed by dealer.Honda CPO for $32,500.

Better deals are there. Happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi All,

Accident reported
  • Involving front impact
  • Damage to left side
  • Damage to left front
  • Damage to right rear

Hard pass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,

Accident reported
  • Involving front impact
  • Damage to left side
  • Damage to left front
  • Damage to right rear

I'm a buyer for a dealer in MN. I would stay away from any damage involving the front end. I wouldn't touch it. BTW - pics always look good. You can't go by those alone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,

Accident reported
  • Involving front impact
  • Damage to left side
  • Damage to left front
  • Damage to right rear

Don't buy. unknown extent of accident. No warranty on repairs. Keep looking. ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Agree with the others, price is too high. For reference, I paid under 38k (not including taxes) for a brand new 2019 BE. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL
13 Posts
Autotrader, be willing to look in a large circle. If you buy one that shows accident damage, you will have a harder time trading it or selling if you do in the future. I would also want to know who did the repair work, and have it inspected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking seriously at this 2017 RTL-T. Not too far of a drive and its certified. Listed at $29,231 with 18k miles.
I bought my '17 BE with minor collision damage in 2018 - 26k miles and $31k - BUT... the deciding factor for me was that it was Honda Certified pre-owned, with an extra warranty to 48k and 48Months.
I would not have bought a collision car without that extra peace of mind or a $5k price drop. The damage was minor and it had the left bedside panel replaced with an OEM fender, one rim, and one tail light. That tail light wiggles a half mm and the other side doesnt, but overall I'm very happy with my decision. The collision was not on the Carfax, they just told me hey it has a new fender.

Here a year and a half later, I don't regret this purchase at all, but every impact varies in severity. That one sounds way worse than mine.
These 17BE rims are kinda boring looking, but the fancy red leather upgrade was worth it to me.

That new link from truecar looks like one I'd buy today if I didn't already have one. Consider the ACTUAL warranty expiration date when purchasing - 48 months from exactly what date?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,

Accident reported
  • Involving front impact
  • Damage to left side
  • Damage to left front
  • Damage to right rear

Hmmm ... I got my 2008 RTLe in 2010 with 23k mile for $23,000 and no damage at all. Seems like a lot with that many prior issues. I’d keep looking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Wrecked truck trying to sell about at a price for a non wrecked truck? Come on.
There is a 2017 BE listed near me Ed Martin Honda, still under warranty and certified, no wrecks and they are asking $33,900. That's in Indy one of the highest priced used car markets in the nation. (don't ask me why).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All,

Accident reported
  • Involving front impact
  • Damage to left side
  • Damage to left front
  • Damage to right rear

I would not touch it.. try and get a 2019 from dealer.. they aren't much more $ than this wreck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Troye I am late to the Party but DO NOT BUY THAT VEHICLE they are asking retail and you would never be happy with it!!!
Nath

21 - 40 of 46 Posts