Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I faced a similar decision a few months ago. I saw a 2017 RTL-E for a price I felt comfortable with but it had a branded/rebuilt title and I'm glad that I steered clear of it. A few days later I found a 2017 RTL-E lease return with 26,000 miles which was Honda Certified. I can buy an extended warranty at the end of the year (2020) and get a 5 year/100,000 extended warranty to guard against future repairs (injectors, etc.).
Overall, I am very happy with paying a little bit more to have the peace of mind rather than potentially purchasing a money pit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Local dealer has a 2019 BE w/23k miles no accidents for $34900. if you can just come up in your budget a little, it will be worth your while. Accident vehicles aren't worth it when you buy and they aren't worth it when you try to sell. Nobody trusts them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am in no way a salesman for CarMax, but check CarMax.com. They have several really nice Black Editions right now. I do know that CarMax hand picks just the cream of the crop used cars, and when I bought a Mustang from them a few years ago it was a great experience. No salesman involved. I just picked the car I wanted online, paid a little extra to have it shipped in from out of state, and drove it home. And by the way, the phone app is better than the web page.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would definitely keep looking. I know the BE is much more expensive but I picked up a new 2019 RTL-T in the low 30s. Anything with a negative carfax is going to be hard to resell and there is a good chance you will have issues. I do kinda wish I had gotten a RTL-E but the budget wouldn't allow it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought my left over 2019 rtl for 30k.
No miles and 2 years newer with no accidents. There are still a few left overs around if look. Seems like the better deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also shopping for a used late model Ridgeline and I've been seriously considering one that is Honda certified. I noticed a poster mention that he was pleased with his HC warranty, as his injectors needed replacing and they did it under the warranty. My question is how does the owner or Honda mechanics determine whether or not the injectors need replacement?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts