Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum...just picked up my Black RTS yesterday.

What do people suggest about cleaning and treating the following things...
Interior Beige seats......
Beige Dash etc....
Chrome looking HUGE door handles.....
What about the black covers etc. that is on the edge of the bed and tailgate.

I read in the forums about a product called 303....where should I use that on the vehicle?

Thanks...for any advice.:)

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the ROC family and we're glad you're here.

Interior Beige seats......303
Beige Dash etc....303
Chrome looking HUGE door handles.....303
What about the black covers etc. that is on the edge of the bed and tailgate.303

I read in the forums about a product called 303....where should I use that on the vehicle?

Everywhere but the paint. :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
ladyridge said:
Interior Beige seats......303
Beige Dash etc....303
Chrome looking HUGE door handles.....303
What about the black covers etc. that is on the edge of the bed and tailgate.303

Everywhere but the paint. :D
LadyRidge... my wholehearted agreement, except for one teensy-weensy exception...;)

Finished leather (like Ridgena's) is clearly listed for the 303 Aerospace Protectant (which I think is what you are referring to), but I think its recommended use on fabric is less clear. RidgeGator has an RTS, so I assume fabric seats?
Here is the link for the protectant:
http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant

It says not on 'cloth' outdoor furniture, but not much else about fabrics. However, the site has links to their many other products, several of which deal with fabrics. One thing I really like about 303 is that they have so much detailed information on their site. They are very specific.

I got a few waterspots on my fabric right after getting my white RT, so I picked up 303's Fabric Cleaner and Fabric Guard. Can't vouch much for the cleaner, as my spots weren't what you would call demanding :D , but the Fabric Guard is amazing! I did the whole interior including carpets. A few weeks later, my small rear water leak of a couple tablespoons beaded up on the carpet for hours. Once I soaked it up with a paper towel, the carpet underneath was bone dry.

If you use the Fabric Guard, you should be able to get by with one 16 oz. bottle if you are a bit careful. I wasn't, and had to buy a second bottle just to do the last little bit.

Oh, and by the way RidgeGator..... Welcome to the ROC and enjoy the new truck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use a swifer duster works great for getting dust off the dash :D

L

·
0 Posts
Thanks Farmguy. You are right. I would NOT recommend using 303 on cloth seats. Sorry for the oversight.
:)

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
RidgeInTheVille said:
Another good item to have around is a vacuum as we all know. I put this in my garage to make vacuuming out my Ridgeline and my wife's Pilot much more convenient. We have a 7 yo and a 4 yo so it's getting used weekly. It does a great job.

http://www.hoover.com/db/xq/asp.hvrProductMain/CatID.28/ProdID.238/ModID.1933/qx/GUVGarageUtilityVac.htm
While that is a neat product, I would suggest something different, more like this:
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WD5500-Wall-Vac/index.htm

Because it is a wet/dry vac, and sometimes people dump wet thing on the floor of your truck. The quiet part of the hoover product though does intrigue me. I would like to have a nice quiet vaccuum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all the info. I used the 303 stuff on the dash etc. and love it.

My question is that I have an RTS with the upgraded cloth seats......what should I use on the seats to clean them and protect them?...I assume that 303 is a nono for the cloth seats.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
333 Posts
RidgeGator said:
My question is that I have an RTS with the upgraded cloth seats......what should I use on the seats to clean them and protect them?...I assume that 303 is a nono for the cloth seats.

Any ideas?
I went with the 303 Fabric Cleaner and FabricGuard. Can't say as I have had the opportunity to really test the cleaner, but I was impressed by the Fabric Guard. I did the whole interior of my RT, including carpets, and when my small rear pillar leak occured, the ounce or so of water just beaded up on the tips of the carpet fibers. It stayed that way for hours and never soaked in.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
The 303 web site does a pretty good job of describing the products in their line and what they could be used for. They also have a good Help Desk where you can talk to a company rep and they can answer more detailed questions. I too have an RTS and have used the 303 Protectant on all rubber and plastic and the fabric cleaner and Fabric Guard on the cloth. So far so good on all products durability and ease of use. The fabric cleaner and guard does leave an odor that lasts for a little while so I would not recommend putting small children in the Ridge immediately after use as they may be sensitive but I was able to not be bothered after about 12 hours of airing out in the garage.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm sure you all have seen the movie Forrest Gump, well... "I'm not a very smart man" OK, 303 has about 87 different products, well maybe just 11 and from the names I could probably discount a couple more, leaving me six to eight products. For those of you that have used 303, could you give us a semi-detailed description on how, where and when you use the particular product.

TL

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
303 Aerospace Protectant
303 High Tech Fabric Guard
303 Fabric Cleaner
303 Convertible Top Kits
303 Cleaner & Spot Remover
303 Convertible Top Cleaner
303 Sonic Blast
303 Shower Shield
303 Instant Washer Tablets
303 Wiper Treatment
303 Aerospace Cleaner
11 Products exactly from their Web Page. I have used 3: 303 Aerospace protectant on all plastic and rubber parts of vehicle; 303 Fabric Cleaner on dirty areas (light dirt) of cloth seats prior to using; 303 High Tech Fabric Guard on all cloth seat surfaces. Some have also used the Fabric Cleaner and Guard routine on the carpets but I haven't had any leaks and the rubber mats have done a good protection job on my carpets so far. Some have used the Cleaner and Spot remover for really heavy spot cleaning and I think from reading their descriptions of the 2 cleaner products, that for light cleaning or a large not so dirty area you would use the Fabric Cleaner and for heavier use and directed spot removal you would use the Cleaner and Spot Remover product.

·
Registered
333 Posts
RidgeGator said:
Hey FarmGuy.........Did you also use the 303 Fabric Guard on your seats as well?
Yeah, I did the entire interior. What happened was I got a couple small spots within the first few days of owning my RL (I think it was drips from the Invisible Glass), so I got the cleaner then figured I would never have a better chance than while it was brand new to protect it all.

Since using the Fabric Guard, I got a small grease spot so went after it with the Fabric Cleaner. It wasn't magic, I had to clean it twice to get it out. (Once I forget where the spot was, I won't be able to see it anymore :p .) I agree with BillB's assessment, the spot remover product probably would be more effective.

One tip: The 16 oz. Fabric Guard will be enough to do the whole interior if you are careful and don't overdo it. I wasn't that careful and had to go buy another bottle just to finish up about the last 2 sq. ft.

I think the smooth texture and light color of the RT fabric is going to prove to be a problem over time. It seems like any little spot shows right up. I understand the RTS fabric is different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, had mine about 3 months now...I am really careful about dirt on the cloth seats, but I somehow get these spots that are darker than the rest of the seat. The stuff I usually use on upholstery (other car) will not take it out....it's weird, you can see the spots from one direction but not the other...I guess from the texture / pattern of the cloth.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Especially coffee.. I Don't drink it every day, but when I do like most people on the go, I take the lid off to blow for a second, and bingo a nice drip right on the seat. I happened to have a handy shout stain towlette, so I immediately bloched the spot. Several hours later, I've come to find out that the stain is still there, but now it's twice as large. Oh well, maybe I'll try the fabric guard next.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I am glad I found the 303 line of products,;) but would it really have cut that deep into Honda's bottom line if they Scothgarded the material before they sold it to us?:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts