Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the verge of trading in my current car (2003 Toyota Matrix) for a Ridgeline, but my big stumbling block is the actual trade-in value of the car. I'll be dealing with the fleet manager (buying through our credit union's car-buying service, as I always do) and I only have Kelley Blue Book, NADA, and Edmunds to go by. The problem is, KBB has a drastically lower trade-in value associated with my car than NADA and Edmunds, whose numbers are very close to each other. Are any of these numbers to be trusted? I lean toward the middle range between the three (KBB claims $9900, NADA and Edmunds are about $11,300, so would $10,600 or so seem realistic?)

·
Registered
63 Posts
drive over to your local carmax and get them to give you a "free" offer...

and welcome, in advance. what color are you getting?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
subee said:
Is their number one I can count on?

subee said:
and welcome, in advance. what color are you getting?
Thanks! I'm having a very tough time deciding on the color. I'm torn between the green and red, and the blue is nice too. I'm leaning toward green, there's just something very appearling about this truck in that particular shade of green. The red is really nice, too, however. I'm trying to stay open to any of the three (black doesn't interest me, as great as it looks - I need it to stay somewhat clean looking! No interest in white or silver, either.) If the dealer has one of them and not another, I'll just go with that, I think. And I'm hoping to have to make a decision this weekend!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
subee said:
Dang, no good - closest Carmax to Phoenix is Las Vegas! Anything like Carmax out there?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
swampler said:
I think dealers normally use KBB. You can always try to sell on your own if they won't give you what you want. Also, make sure you're looking at the trade in value and not the retail or person to person value.
I concur with swampi, Try to sell it outright on your own in the car trader or other private option. Best of luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dang, no good - closest Carmax to Phoenix is Las Vegas! Anything like Carmax out there?
Ok Check it out.... I have a great idea for you and I won't be offended if you don't take it. I have driven to Phoenix before and it isn't so bad especially when you can get $6,000 off MSRP on your new Ridgeline - now. Please email me and I will tell you why. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ok Check it out.... I have a great idea for you and I won't be offended if you don't take it. I have driven to Phoenix before and it isn't so bad especially when you can get $6,000 off MSRP on your new Ridgeline - now. Please email me and I will tell you why. [email protected]
Tonic, it's a good thing you won't be offended as this thread is almost 3 years old. 12-14-05

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Wow! I was reading this like it was new as well. Can't believe I was only 42 years old way back then, and driving a TITAN. I think gas was around $2.00 (as opposed to $1.90 at last fill-up) and, well, the Huskers still sucked.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Wow! I was reading this like it was new as well. Can't believe I was only 42 years old way back then, and driving a TITAN. I think gas was around $2.00 (as opposed to $1.90 at last fill-up) and, well, the Huskers still sucked.
Damn, I bit also! Thought this was current and our old friend Swampler was posting again!!:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.