Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now been driving my 06 RTS for 90 days. It took a little while to get used to blind spots and backing into spaces but it's a lot of fun to drive. MPG not great but I knew that going in. Being a retired Parts Manager from Acura, I have lots of discounts and deals when and if I need them. I only drive about 8k a year so am hoping this will be my final vehicle. The only thing I have done so far is update the interior lights to LED. It's just about to hit 90k. Timing belt/water pump done, fluids changed with OEM.
Probably will replace the head unit eventually but the factory radio sounds pretty decent with the sub. My kayak fits in the bed with gate up, easy to load and unload. Very happy with this truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Looks like nice paint . I installed V-LEDS in my interior ,roof,doors and bottom of rear console. 2010 RTL. I can't park near an airport and open doors. Aircraft think it's a runway marker. LOL.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
784 Posts
Looking good! Thanks for the report.

I'm hoping to find a G1 in the next few months. So it's interesting to hear reports from others who are not original owners and have recently joined the ranks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats on the new to you addition! I purchased the same truck last march with 47,000 miles on it. I absolutely love it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: After 90 days now 1 year on

Have driven my Ridgeline for a year. Had all the fluids replaced with OEM. Put some Michelins on. Driven about 4400 miles in a year. Love the truck. MPG not terrible, have gotten 21 on road trips, 14-15 around town but that’s poor driving habits.
Thinking about replacing the radio, would love to have a Nav system with a back up camera. Nothing wrong with the radio or the sub. Sounds great but 2006 technology. I did replace two sockets in the overhead light and went with LED interior and bed lights, nice improvement. Also added camber kits on the rear suspension to get a good alignment. So I have spent some money but relatively small amounts. Happy with this vehicle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’ll be interested to see what you do with the head unit. I have an 09 and would love to keep my nav but replace the head unit with something that lets me stream audio via BT. A BT dongle via the aux port is ok, but more wires are hanging around and the aux port isn’t exactly great. I’m in it for the long haul with this guy and ready to make some changes. I just hit 90k, I’m the original owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts