Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am a couple of days away of driving my 09 RTL (can't wait); now I am debating do I need or is it recommended to add an after market Alarm and/or remote start.
I would add the remote start if I added the after market alarm (just makes sense to do both at the same time). But I am not sure of the benefits since the car has its own alarm functionality/key fob, etc.

Also if an after market alarm is recommended which brands should I be looking at? I found that the Viper 5701 seems to mentioned in the forums but I do have a brand new CompuStar CM3000 lying around should I just use this or sell and buy a better/newer brand?

Any help, advice, personal experience much appreciated !

Thanks.
:homer:

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Alarms can be a pain if they go off all the time, and like you mentioned the RL is key fobed for security! But if your in a bad neighborhood, it could pay for itself simply from people stealing your tires or aftermarket goodies like expensive audio on your RL, so it really is a personal choice.

My 2 cents worth....

Oh, and congrads on the RL purchase and welcome to the ROC!

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Honda Security System....Keeps the truck from being stolen when imobilizer is activated. However, smash a window and grab from inside the truck...nothing. Jack it up and take the wheels...nothing.

I have a crimebusters alarm and remote start and have been very happy with it. Just don't go to one of those "Buy it and we'll install for free or a dollar" places. Pay for a professional to install your system, not some kid earning six bucks an hour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts