Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was at the dealership getting my truck, there was another black Ridge there with its headlamps and taillamps smoked out. I wonder if this was an aftermarket set or simply a black film that was put over it. I didn't get a close look at it. Does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Only in Cali. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
It is a smoke colored film. If you do a search on google for 3m clear bra several hits will be for companys which carry the 3m but also other items. Some of those items are a smoke film to go over your tail lights. Basically, they are the same stuff that some companies sell to go over your headlights.

I think they look cool kind of dark myself but they also cut down on the visibility and the site I was looking at stated they were for "off road." I think this was their disclaimer as I have seen many cars with "smoke" looking rear tail lamps.

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help guys. After looking into it a little more deeply, I think I'll go with the film cover. It's a lot easier to remove if I don't like the way it turns out. The spray is too much commitment. I'll post pictures after I'm done.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Did you like the way it looked? Did you see what they look like when the lights were on? Check that out before you invest! ;) You are just the second person ,besides myself, from SoCal on this site! we should have a meet one of these days with floridaridge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts