Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the dealer I bought the truck from says they will not replace the radio.

I'm still trying for some type of consideration though as I would not have paid what I paid for the truck if I'd known the issue was so expensive.

Anyway.

I will probably be replacing the radio but I have simple question.

Will the dash dimmer switch control the output on the unit, or will it stay bright?

I installed one in my 2005 Ford 500 (daughter has it now) and there is no way to adjust the brightness. (I think it's a jenson, not sure).

Or do the upscale units themselves have brightness adjustments?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
It depends on the radio. Typically only the higher-end models will dim along with the voltage on the illumination wire.

Chip H.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had a new radio and speakers installed. The lights had completely quit on the factory unit. The new Kenwood double din unit does not dim with the dimmer knob. But it has so many display functions it does not matter. I can change the color, brightness and what seems like hundreds of setting to my liking. Also the unit looks good in the dash, the trim piece looks right and I am happy with the performance. One thing I would do differently now is avoid the big chain car audio stores to save a lot of money. I have looked on craigslist and there are several guys doing car installs in their own garage for a lot less, also the hardware is available online for a lot less money. Almost half price in some cases. The Kenwood unit is the DPX501BT and the front speakers are Alpine SPR 60C. I will have the rear door speakers replaced as more $ come in. They are the same size as the fronts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts