Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replacing my axles (OEM), but anyone have experience with aftermarket inner/outer tie rod sets? Could save me $130 - 1Aauto one is dirt cheap and could put MOOG together on rockauto for cheap. Just wondering what's recommended/experience here.

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
Skip the Moog and go with ProForged 10410838 sealed outer tie rod ends. For the inners, use AcDelco 45A2230.
Anytime you have a grease fitting, you need to make sure you pack grease in when you get them. Lot of times, the fitting does not screw in properly, and note that the tie-rod ends are shipped with little to no grease inside.

Same applies for the sway bar end links. Get the sealed ones from AcDelco and you would be fine.

I have bad experiences with Moog tie rod ends failing in 14 months, while the sway bar end links from Moog not clearing the frame in the rear.

Registered
2007 RTL Steel Blue
I'm about to do the same job. Do you mind if I ask how much the OEM axles were? I may just go with OEM inner tie rods as well. Moog used to be a great product, but like many others, their quality had slipped.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I'm about to do the same job. Do you mind if I ask how much the OEM axles were? I may just go with OEM inner tie rods as well. Moog used to be a great product, but like many others, their quality had slipped.
Well shit, I went with MOOG. One arrived with a little knick on the boot I might send back.

The OEM axle assemblies were ~$500 with tax and shipping. While your back there, check for an oil leak from one of the bolts above the oil pan on the engine. You can seal it up with hondabond and there's a post on it I'll see if I can pull out of the archive

Registered
2007 RTL Steel Blue
Moog parts are better than old, worn out parts. I put a set of their ball joints in my Fiero...yes, Fiero. They've been fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts