Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into the 100.000 km technical revision in my Honda authorized dealer, they changed the timing belt and all the parts that are needed to because of the mileage. But the same day that I took my Ridgeline 2018 to go to work it started to make a weird noise, from time to time and with no specific reason. My travel was about 2 hours driving in highway and the noise came up 6 times. It sounded like a water pump working with no water, and every time that happened the power came down 2-3 miles per hour. It was strange, not so loud and it was originated from the engine place. I went into the dealer again, they opened the motor and checked everything again, but they did not find anything. I got my baby yesterday and the same noise appears again. I spent 4 hours a day traveling with my Ridgeline, from Monday to Friday, and it is very weird to have this noise. The dealer do not know what to do and still nobody can find anything related that can explain where or what it is making the noise. We already checked the AC just in case but nothing. The noise started after the timing belt change. Does anybody here know where the cause may be?

·
Premium Member
Red 2017 RTL-E
891 Posts
If it's like the Gen 1, the belt change requires a new water pump and idler pulley. I would suspect a bad water pump from your description.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts