Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a dash kit for the Ridge from American International. I have been dying to install my Pioneer in-dash dvd/tv, but after seeing some of the custom jobs on this site, I decided to wait for the kit. The part # is HON-K836, and was $25 bucks. Check out their site www.americaninternational.net

No pics of the kit yet, but their contact info is there. And, by the way, I don't work for them..............................

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no slap intended....I fabricated a mount myself a few weeks ago, what a pain in the a$$. The RL's dash opening is huge, but not perfectly flat. Anyway, I thought all the DIY'ers would appreciate the info...........

mugen1 said:
OUCH!! backwards slap or what?

j/k..............

At least the brave ones on here had superior sound for the time it took for somebody to come out with a trim kit. I still don't see one on an RL. When you have yours installed, don't hesitate to upload some pics. The rest of us custom hackers will get a kit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
rtpjunior said:
I just ordered a dash kit for the Ridge from American International. I have been dying to install my Pioneer in-dash dvd/tv, but after seeing some of the custom jobs on this site, I decided to wait for the kit. The part # is HON-K836, and was $25 bucks. Check out their site www.americaninternational.net

No pics of the kit yet, but their contact info is there. And, by the way, I don't work for them..............................
Have you talked to them? I'm curious if it allows for two single din devices. I have a nav unit and a cd player to go in. Our big ass radio should allow the room for it. :)

Oh yea I'm new :) I'll say Hi in another post.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
rtpjunior,

Post pictures after you get it and after you install it. While it won't be of any use to me because I bought the navi model it may be interest to others who are going your way. I love the integration of the navigation and other things and wouldn't trade them even for lesser price for something else.

·
Registered
59 Posts
captmiddy said:
rtpjunior,

I love the integration of the navigation and other things and wouldn't trade them even for lesser price for something else.

I agree with ya. :) Being the poorest member on here though. LOL I'm happy to have a RL at all. :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AI says it will hold 2 din units, or din + pocket............

jlannoo said:
Have you talked to them? I'm curious if it allows for two single din devices. I have a nav unit and a cd player to go in. Our big ass radio should allow the room for it. :)

Oh yea I'm new :) I'll say Hi in another post.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
I was surprised to find Pioneer head unit in my Ridge. Any ideas on model # and good place to get Alpine Nav or maybe Sony, etc? Preferably bluetooth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just installed it today, looks good however I couldn't get the antenna adapter to work. It has a harness plug and a blue wire which connects to a remote wire to amplify the radio antenna. I wonder if having factory xm has anything to do with the antenna not working. If anyone else who has bought this kit and has had this problem please let me know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
mp3audio said:
Just installed it today, looks good however I couldn't get the antenna adapter to work. It has a harness plug and a blue wire which connects to a remote wire to amplify the radio antenna. I wonder if having factory xm has anything to do with the antenna not working. If anyone else who has bought this kit and has had this problem please let me know.

I DEMAND PICTURES :D LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
rtpjunior said:

LOL I just ordered the kit. After hanging up I noticed you said you got charged $25 I think He said mine was $29.99

I got ripped :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Personally I would be more interested in an installed photo rather than a photo of the part. I can't quite visualize how this would look in a RL and that is what I want to see. Of course it really doesn't matter for me, I have the RTL with Nav so I will be sticking with what I have for a long time, although I am a little put out by the new upgrade costing me money on the DVD in less than a year from purchase, there may be a little 'convincing' going on with my dealership over this, I feel they already owe me a little for a few major flubs on their part.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts