Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frustration to say the least!!!
When I ordered my Axxera AXV820 (also a 5 ch unit)I also ordered the 2011 Ridgeline compatible harness with steering wheel integration.

The AXV820 has a Sub Out single female RCA for the Subwoofer but there is no female RCA to hook into that because the OEM Subwoofer was wired to a plug in the back of the OEM Stereo that is no longer used. Would I be able to transfer the 2 subwoofer wires from the old OEM harness to a spliced RCA female connector???

If not, is a mono channel amp 250w from rockford fosgate sufficient to power the OEM Subwoofer so I don't have to also replace it?

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
No, just get an RCA cable and use u a y to feed a mono amp with 2 inputs.

You will need a new sub, unless the rear 2 channels of the axxxera HU can be bridged to drive the factory sub. And you will loose the rear speakers if you do that. The factory sub will only handles 40 watts.

You will need a new sub or a small amp to drive the sub and cut the wire at the end or the front depending on where you install the amp I f you want to use the green. Red/ yellow black factory wire. Or cut the connector at the sub and attach new wire to it coming from the amp.

They no longer make low powered amps, and most small motorcycle amps can not be bridged.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
If you are good with wood, for under $20 you could build a box and maybe load it with the shallow 10 Tand band or tang band, or make it 3/4 inch taller than on this link to put a pioneer shallow10"http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13308

And your RF amp will drive it beautifully and sound 10 times better and louder than the oem sub

1 - 5 of 5 Posts