Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may be better suited for GEN 1 owners, but out of curiosity, approximately how much longer until we start to see some aftermarket companies releasing tonneau covers, brush guards... ect ect..

The measuring event was months ago, and now that the embargo is over, are they just waiting until the trucks are in driveways before releasing products?

We could use this thread as a place to put links for anything anyone finds non OEM accessories.

Here is an aftermarket radio head unit surround:

http://metraonline.com/part/95-7811B

·
Registered
973 Posts
I would be interested in putting a canopy on my G2 but not until fall (assuming I can get a G2 by then). Do not have one on the G1 (they looked totally stupid on the G1- IMHO) but should be OK on a G2...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would guess until Ridgelines actually hit the lots and companies can get real vehicles to do R&D on it will be months till we see anything major. I have a friend that is a higher up at a major suspension company. They don't go out and buy cars/trucks for R&D. A lot of time they will do pre-work and then look for people local with a specific car/truck for test fitting and final prototyping before the official version is complete for production. Usually the benefit to the person with the test car/truck is they will receive the final product for free for their time. This is pretty standard in the aftermarket industry.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Also not to be a stick in the mud or a Debbie Downer but we have to be realistic in expectations. The G1 was out for how many years? The aftermarket segment was pretty dismal especially when you compare what is out there for the competition. If Honda doesn't move a lot of these trucks then most aftermarket companies aren't going to spend a lot of time/money creating a product for a low margin of the truck market.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Also not to be a stick in the mud or a Debbie Downer but we have to be realistic in expectations. The G1 was out for how many years? The aftermarket segment was pretty dismal especially when you compare what is out there for the competition. If Honda doesn't move a lot of these trucks then most aftermarket companies aren't going to spend a lot of time/money creating a product for a low margin of the truck market.
This isn't the G1. It's going to appeal to a much wider audience. Just looks alone will entice more people to the stealers to kick tires and drive.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This isn't the G1. It's going to appeal to a much wider audience. Just looks alone will entice more people to the stealers to kick tires and drive.
The G2 will appeal to a wider audience. I for one am looking forward to getting my hands on one. Only time will tell. I hope the Ridgeline is a huge success. I'm just not getting my hopes up that there will be a huge aftermarket segment for it like there currently is for other trucks.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once members begin providing links to accessories I will edit the first post on this thread so we can easily find aftermarket accessories/parts.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I contacted both Retrax and Roll-N-Lock this week and neither had any information on if or when they might produce retractable bed covers for the G2.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
This is what I have been saying G2 looks will appeal to many more people.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Who makes some of the OEM Accessories for vehicles anyway.
I remember when I got my accessory car cover for my 00 3.2TL Acura from dealer it has Acura name on the front of the car cover & the storage bag.
But on the lock that came with the tie down cable I think it said Cover Craft.
So is a company like Weather Tech making the OEM dealer sold accessory floor liners for Acura/Honda. with my 94 Accord years ago I purchased weather tech deep groove floor mats same with the 93 Dodge Caravan. I also got trunk mat for Accord being used in nephews 09 Focus. I have trunk tray mat for 3.2 TL I got from dealer when they discounts on accessories.
Most accessory stuff on G1 I got for Ridgeline was OEM.
The seat covers and heavy weight bed mat were aftermarket.
The bed mat was one of the best things I got. The sunshade is Cover Craft that is custom fit for Ridgeline windshield. I got one for Acura and Focus.
Someone said Tonneau Cover shown on G2 Ridgeline might be Retrax.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I emailed Fold A Cover asking if they were going to make a cover for the 2017 Ridgeline...they said no :(

Still searching for a solution to deal with that non-locking tailgate!!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
...Still searching for a solution to deal with that non-locking tailgate!!
Solution 1 - Wait for Honda to fix their mistake and add the lock in future MY...but no way to be sure when or if that will happen.

Solution 2 - Wait for aftermarket lock...that's likely to happen, but no way to be sure when.

Solution 3 - Hope that Honda quickly develops an accessory lock that dealers can install until Honda makes it a factory feature.

Honda messed up. This frustration could have so easily been avoided.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I contacted both Leer and A.R.E. and they both wrote back stating that they would be producing a canopy.

I'm hoping they make one tall enough for me as I need 38" to get my bicycles inside.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts