21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the newer version of the 9" joying on the way. Pretty exited. Bought new speakers and the 8" kicker sealed box that fits under the rear seat too... Now I get to dust off that old orion HCCA amp thats been collecting dust in my attic.

I researched all these android based head units for days and the Joying seems to be one of the top 2 brands quality wise from china.. They now have true DSP too for better sound quality with is pretty sweet.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,736 Posts
I have the newer version of the 9" joying on the way. Pretty exited. Bought new speakers and the 8" kicker sealed box that fits under the rear seat too... Now I get to dust off that old orion HCCA amp thats been collecting dust in my attic.

I researched all these android based head units for days and the Joying seems to be one of the top 2 brands quality wise from china.. They now have true DSP too for better sound quality with is pretty sweet.
Cool. DO tell us when you get it installed and take it for a test drive on how it performs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did get my joying 9" head unit installed, I choose to install the screen in the dash and not sticking out of it It looks more OEM that way.
I also put a kicker 8" box under the rear seat and 4 Rockford Fosgate R165x3 speakers in the doors. I will try to get some photos uploaded.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The gas gauge is just a suggestion :) it was about $300 with tax and shipping.. works well with the obdII and torque as well. Also has a true digital processor so tons of eq and sound adjustments including adjusttable high and low pass crossovers. I'm very happy with it. Just cant seem to get the aftermarket (also joying brand) steering controls to work yet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am watching this thread with great interest. We're you able to get the steering wheel controls sorted out Augiedoggy?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
[QUOTE="Gmen10, post: 3018830, member: 172370"
So far I love this head unit though and would highly recommend it! I have downloaded a 3rd party launcher to give it the look and layout you see in the photos.
[/QUOTE]

What is the name of the 3rd party launcher that you installed and where did you downloaded it? Are you still happy with this unit? Any other recommendations would you advise if someone was to move forward on an aftermarket unit? Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am checking out the Joying head units on Amazon. The ones I am looking at are single din for my Fiero. The reviews are extremely mixed. Many reporting the unit failing within a year.

Can someone give me a long term review of theirs?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts