Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI-

I have been regretting not having the back-up camera for sometime now. But forking over the $1100 the dealer here wanted to install the factory one turned my stomach.

So today I had a "HindSight" camera by "Vizua-L-ogic" installed. Pretty cool system, considering. The looks of the camera blows away the factory one as far as I am concerned. No offense intended to those that have it. But this one mounts on the top two screws of the Licence plate. It's barely there. No asymetrical bump on the tailgate.

I liked the one somebody did that put it centered, but not being a "wrench" I was limited to what the Dealer would do.

The downside is, in order to tie this camera into the dash mounted factory Nav screen, it would require the purchase of a $500+ part from Honda. Hence the $1100 original price tag I guess. So, I compromised and had the provided 3" LCD monitor installed to the left of the verticle center console, in the blank area, beside the swing of the left edge of the glovebox. Not my fav, but the only place once you start holding that screen in various spots.

With install, I'm at about $550 total cost. An honest 50% savings. I'll put the other half into goodies and upgrades in my new canopy when it arrives.

So, like I said. FYI.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I keep looking at the Honda part and seriously considering the installation of this part into my truck. I really want it but it is so expensive to install. If I had a garage where I could take my truck apart for a couple days I might venture down this path myself but with the weather here as unpredictable as it is and getting colder, I will either have to agree to shell out the cash or to look at one of these aftermarket options. Likely I will shell out the money because I want it integrated into the navigational screen but it is hard to do when you hear about these essentially half price products that server similar features. I would be curious of the picture you get through the display and how it looks mounted on your truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts