Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for an opinion , would like to put a dvd player in my truck but i have a lease and not wanting to spend a million dollars on what honda has to offer on the homeowners link I went to best buy today and saw they had a nice 12in screen built in dvd player overhead console for around $700 and $150 for installation , now one should i leave as is because its a lease or enjoy myself for 3 years and worry about it later? Plus I have the moonroof , will it fit no problem ??

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You may want to check in on the ability for you to make such installs on a leased vehicle. I have never leased a vehicle but there may be limits as to what aftermarket changes you can make to the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
You might want to check Circuit City as well. They had a very nice drop down DVD system for just under $500 and had a special promotion that included free installation. I don't know about the lease issue. Also, Sams Club has a decent looking seat back strap-on model with two screens for about $300.00.

By the way, you might want to PM T Mac or Zero and ask them to relocate this thread to the Electronics or Accessories category.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Since you only have one row of backseat viewers, you may get away with buying a portable DVD and using a temporary mounting system. I have one and it works well. Just make sure you buy a DVD player that the screen locks into place or the hinge is not flimsy so the screen does not move around while the truck goes down the road. I have a couple of web sites for you to take a look at. You also get the advantage of having a nice DVD player with you when you go to hotels and other road trip stops. http://www.portabledvdstore.com/companyinfo.html and http://www.suspensiontheater.com/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
with leases your limited to what you can do and i dont plan on keeping the truck maybe just get a new one . I have 2 installer freinds of mine that I'm gonna give a call to and see what they say , otherwise if any drilling is involved I may just have to suck it up and go with the honda dvd player they offer or forget it all together

1 - 6 of 6 Posts