Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I've tried 3 different USB aux adapters because I prefer to play my music directly from USB - two of them didnt work at all and the third one I tried works but I can't select Next/Prev track via OEM radio. I'm at a point now where I want to just buy an aftermarket radio with USB support so I don't have this problem.

My question is what aftermarket harness to buy that plugs into the factory connection? I don't care about keeping the steering wheel controls but I want to maintain the subwoofer connection.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Hey guys,

So I've tried 3 different USB aux adapters because I prefer to play my music directly from USB - two of them didnt work at all and the third one I tried works but I can't select Next/Prev track via OEM radio. I'm at a point now where I want to just buy an aftermarket radio with USB support so I don't have this problem.

My question is what aftermarket harness to buy that plugs into the factory connection? I don't care about keeping the steering wheel controls but I want to maintain the subwoofer connection.

Thanks!
Haven't seen an aftermarket adapter specific to the factory sub, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

According to the FSM, below are color codes.

FactWire.jpg

Have you selected your aftermarket head unit yet? Have fun and enjoy!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I dont think its a harness necessarily but the fact that you will need an amp for the factory sub to power it once you get an aftermarket Head Unit. I just swapped my Head Unit and now Im waiting for christmas to get the Kenwood Slim Subwoofer (KSC-SW11) to get the lows back. There are some on this forum that have added a small cheap amp to power the factory sub. Do a search for that if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
I dont think its a harness necessarily but the fact that you will need an amp for the factory sub to power it once you get an aftermarket Head Unit. I just swapped my Head Unit and now Im waiting for christmas to get the Kenwood Slim Subwoofer (KSC-SW11) to get the lows back. There are some on this forum that have added a small cheap amp to power the factory sub. Do a search for that if you are interested.
Depends on the HU. Some are configurable for sub out using internal power. Lot's of detail behind that - and it might be "better" to do so - but it isn't universally true an external amp is "required".

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts