Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
3841 - 3857 of 3857 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E
6 Posts
Does anyone know of a hard panel or rollup cover that does not restrict access to the trunk - specific to Ridgeline 2021? Several that I've looked at say that the rails restrict the trunk to a 20" operation and others don't say anything. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks R

·
Registered
21 Sport
119 Posts
OEM trifold cover uses brackets that bolt in your bed where the upper tie down cleats currently reside. Honda brackets are sold separately and can be used with EXTANG solid fold and RIGID LINER solid fold. These two aftermarket units come with rails that you can toss. I have the rigid liner on my 21 with Honda brackets. The front brackets have built in tie down cleats and you reuse the rear stock cleats as shown below.

Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Blue Sleeve Grey Wood Font
Door Wood Grey Fixture Gas

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E
6 Posts
Hey Zigzagman - I forgot to ask where did you purchase the tonneau brackets - the brackets in your pics don't match what i currently have in my rig. Thanks again.

·
Registered
21 Sport
119 Posts
Hey Zigzagman - I forgot to ask where did you purchase the tonneau brackets - the brackets in your pics don't match what i currently have in my rig. Thanks again.
Here’s a link. I got mine from college hills, they were cheapest with shipping at the time. The link will give you the Honda part number and you can do a google search for the best deal. These brackets come with the Honda tonneau and I recommend it if available. It was on National back order when I purchased my after market tonneau. After market quality is just fine but not much cheaper than OEM and considering a separate purchase for the brackets……

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E
6 Posts
Ok, thank you - I guess I was confused then - I didn't know that Honda actually had a tonneau - as a result, I've been looking at Diamond Back, Extang, Bakflip, Rugged Liner and others trying to find one that seemed solid and wouldn't restrain the trunk - I'm new to this trunk idea and I sure don't want to render it unusable with a bad choice on a tonneau.

·
Registered
2019 Ridgeline Touring
148 Posts
We have the DB HD cover and the rear sections opens in a similar fashion to the trunk bed cover. The bed cover does make contact with the under side of the DB but the bed cover opens enough to get all my things in and out like propane tanks and other heavy items.

·
Premium Member
2021 RTL-E
110 Posts
With the truckbed box looking like a normal pickup, we will now see the availability of top-mounted tonneau covers.

Much better look, and better aerodynamics.

And with that we will have the situation that items can be a tiny bit taller going under a cover, than a Gen1 with tonneau. This, because the tailgate of a Gen2 is about 3/4" taller than a Gen1.

Do you suppose Honda gave sufficient spec information to all the well-known tonneau makers, in advance of this June release, so that they can be ready?
I have a BAK Revolver X4s — see this thread for some photos.

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E
6 Posts
We have the DB HD cover and the rear sections opens in a similar fashion to the trunk bed cover. The bed cover does make contact with the under side of the DB but the bed cover opens enough to get all my things in and out like propane tanks and other heavy items.
Hey PB_NB - thank you for this information - that helps me understand how the DB/HD interacts with the truck cover.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey PB_NB - thank you for this information - that helps me understand how the DB/HD interacts with the truck cover.
I also have a DB on my 2018 and with the back cover down , the trunk opening is restricted some but able to get most things in and out. All you have to do is turn the knob on back cover and open the back cover and my trunk opens fully. Have really liked my DB as easy to remove and replace as needed.

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E
6 Posts
Thank you baedcon, great information - these are the operational details you just can't get from the DB website!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I will design my own tonneau ... as I need the bed trunk to fully open, plus be able to use the entire bed, including bolting the full-six spare to the attachment point along the cab, etc.
both a fabric and an aluminum ... and able to 'lock' with the tailgate locked.
The fabric will be along the lines of a convertible top on older sports cars, and the aluminum along the lines of the ... pictured trailer (how it is put together).
one trip to the 'extruded aluminum show' ... and one has the sources to design and make a tonneau specific to the Ridgeline and its bedrock, etc.

if one notices, to get LIGHT into the bedrock, its lid has to fully open. There is no actual light inside the "trunk" ... although I will fashion several LED ones on the lid that shine into the truck, but that is also something one has to design and install.

My goal is for LIGHT WEIGHT ... no extra pounds then what is needed.

My tonneau(s) will NOT be the "can stand on it" type.

I will also fashion a TENT off my brackets ... and have that sewn to my specifications.

Stay tunes, as this should come together by year's end. Yep, too many "projects" ...

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
10 Posts
OEM trifold cover uses brackets that bolt in your bed where the upper tie down cleats currently reside. Honda brackets are sold separately and can be used with EXTANG solid fold and RIGID LINER solid fold. These two aftermarket units come with rails that you can toss. I have the rigid liner on my 21 with Honda brackets. The front brackets have built in tie down cleats and you reuse the rear stock cleats as shown below.

View attachment 417723 View attachment 417724 View attachment 417725
Looks really good. How is it doing with leaks? I know that the OEM cover seems to have some issues with water.

·
Registered
21 Sport
119 Posts
Looks really good. How is it doing with leaks? I know that the OEM cover seems to have some issues with water.
It leaks the same as OEM. Not much but can be slowed if the ‘channels’ behind the rear window in the bed rail caps are filled..
Hood Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design
Hood Grille Rectangle Automotive tire Bumper
Plant Automotive tire Grey Bumper Wood

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
10 Posts
After reading this whole thread and @phineas very thorough review thread, I finally decided on getting the Lomax. I went through truckalterations . com for my order because of the positive feedback that they had gotten from F-150 and Tundra forums I found in my Google searches. I contacted them and they offered the Lomax black matte for $695 shipped with no tax charged. I should get it by Friday so I can do the install this weekend on my 2021 Sport. They also offered the Lomax Black Urethane for $735 and the Lomax Stance for $795. Thanks to everyone for all of the great feedback on the various cover options. I'm glad to finally have made a choice.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,963 Posts
Great price! TruckAlterations,com Those are the lowest Lomax prices I've heard of so far. Welcome to the Forums.

This is a long thread to read. Anyone who gets all the way through it deserves an honorary doctorate in Tonneau-ology.

After reading this whole thread and @phineas very thorough review thread, I finally decided on getting the Lomax. I went through truckalterations . com for my order because of the positive feedback that they had gotten from F-150 and Tundra forums I found in my Google searches. I contacted them and they offered the Lomax black matte for $695 shipped with no tax charged. I should get it by Friday so I can do the install this weekend on my 2021 Sport. They also offered the Lomax Black Urethane for $735 and the Lomax Stance for $795. Thanks to everyone for all of the great feedback on the various cover options. I'm glad to finally have made a choice.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
10 Posts
Great price! TruckAlterations,com Those are the lowest Lomax prices I've heard of so far. Welcome to the Forums.

This is a long thread to read. Anyone who gets all the way through it deserves an honorary doctorate in Tonneau-ology.
Yeah it was long but a very informative read. I had paralysis by analysis from all of the options. The look of the Lomax and your review sealed the deal for me. I installed it today and it took about 1.5 hours by myself. By the way, I highly recommend truckalterations.com. Not only was the price outstanding, but the shipping was fast. I ordered on Wednesday and it arrived via FedEx on Friday. Some pics below post-installation. I'm really liking the look of the cover and how easy it is to remove and install as needed and the trunk opens plenty even with the rails and I don't foresee that being an issue. I'm going to work on sealing up those channels in the front here in the near future but it will be fine for now.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Wood Rectangle Home appliance Automotive exterior Automotive tire Hood Automotive tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

3841 - 3857 of 3857 Posts