Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't even picked mine up yet, Monday next week, but I don't think I'm big on the stock wheels and was wondering if anyone had put different ones on aftermarket with maybe some pics to look at?

Also, would like to install some decent driving lights somewhere in the grill or bumper, anyone have expirence with that.

thanks for anything.

John
Toronto

·
Registered
361 Posts
Are you considering Korean tires? I was surprised to see ratings at tires.com that Korean tires are same quality as Michelin at half the cost.

Has anyone ever tried using Hankook, Kumho, Nankang?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really thinking about changing the tires for at least 6 months unitl winter really hits again. Wheels is what I am thinking of, but i have heard good things about korean tires though.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
lineridgejohn said:
I'm not really thinking about changing the tires for at least 6 months unitl winter really hits again. Wheels is what I am thinking of, but i have heard good things about korean tires though.
Why would you change the tires unless you're changing wheel size? The Michelin tires that come on the RL are great!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Blue said:
Are you considering Korean tires? I was surprised to see ratings at tires.com that Korean tires are same quality as Michelin at half the cost.

Has anyone ever tried using Hankook, Kumho, Nankang?
I had a set of Kumhos a while back, on a car though. They were decent performance tires. Wore them out pretty quick, but that was back when I didn't care how soft the rubber was that met the road :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not thinking of changing tire size, simply wheel styles, for astetics only. Not 'spinners' or anything pimped, just something that looks a bit more sporty.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no worries.

Where I go in the winter, I've tradionally been better off with my F150's of the past with a more agressive winter tread. My whole reason for this post was because ideally I'd like to have two sets of wheels and tires, Mich Bear Claws or something on the stock rims and the stock tires on more sporty rims, that I can switch out myself. That would be ideal.

take it easy

John

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Hi John,

I just picked up my Ridgeline on Friday and had my wheels put on 2 days ago.
I put on 20's with 265x45x20 Goodyear GT II with D'vinci chrome rims. OFF THE CHAIN! As soon as I figuer out how to make my photos smaller to post on this site, I will do so to display my toy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How's the ride after the change? Is is noticeably stiffer? I was thinking of going to 20's myself, but was afraid of the 45 sidewall. If I go to 18's I can use a 265/55/18 tire...and hopefully not degrade the ride.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Hi John and welcome. Go to the Gallery and check out my Ridgeline. I just put 20's with D'vinci rims on it. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts