Votes: 16 14.2%
  • 60+

Votes: 49 43.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
BTDT (site search is a wonderful thing - "age") ;)

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
BTDT (site search is a wonderful thing - "age") ;)

Also this one, with 780 votes:

@nickmv - this is likely to be moved to the "Off Topic" section, so if you want it to reflect Gen 2 owners only, you may want to edit the subject and add text to the poll to ensure only Gen 2 owners vote.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Also this one, with 780 votes:

@nickmv - this is likely to be moved to the "Off Topic" section, so if you want it to reflect Gen 2 owners only, you may want to edit the subject and add text to the poll to ensure only Gen 2 owners vote.
The problem with both of those surveys, punnily enough, is their age. They have been open since 2005 and 2006 making the data garbage at this point. Someone that answered 31-40 back in 2006 would actually be in either the 41-55 or 55+ bracket today, while someone answering today would of course be accurately reflected. This can horribly skew the numbers.

It would be much more interesting if those previous polls got locked after some time. Then we could see any trends in the ROC user base.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
It would be much more interesting if those previous polls got locked after some time. Then we could see any trends in the ROC user base.

I agree. I believe that there used to be an option the close the poll after a certain number of days or at a certain date. Hopefully the OP set this one up that way too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I set it to 30 days but can certainly close it sooner.

I was genuinely curious how many younger owners there are, and am pleasantly surprised to see that there indeed are quite a few. I'm in the 30-39 range myself, but the only owners I've noticed around town are 60+ (which was depressing lol).

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I believe that the average age of Ridgeline owners is somewhat older is that they are not an inexpensive vehicle. I know that I would not have been able to afford a new Ridgeline when I was much younger. At least, not without unreasonable debt.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tacomas go for more than Ridgelines on the models you most frequently see on the road, and they have a much much younger ownership age.

I think younger folks get attached to looks a lot. I myself thought the RL was kinda hideous at first, but slowly came around and found that specific colors mitigate that (eg. Black Edition). I was personally set on a Tacoma but finally accepted that I had no need for its main claims to fame (off-road capabilities), and that cargo was my main value.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I would have gone with either a sports car, or a luxury sedan of some sort, but my need to tow my enclosed motorcycle trailer made that unrealistic. My only "sportier" option would have been a Cayman, but having worked for a VW Porsche Audi dealership in the 80's, I do not want to own a VW of America vehicle. The engines are good, but everything around them falls apart. At least that used to be the case.

Realizing I needed something with a decent towing capacity (My Outback didn't cut it), I looked for the most luxurious towing vehicle in my price range. There was no contest - the 5,000 # towing capacity of the Honda's and the unibody ride made my decision easy. Having a bed for home projects sealed the deal. There are a few minor annoyances, like the clunky infotainment system, but the good FAR outweighs the "bad." Anyway, I've drifted off topic, sorry!

I fall into the 50-59 bracket, btw.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I set it to 30 days but can certainly close it sooner.

I was genuinely curious how many younger owners there are, and am pleasantly surprised to see that there indeed are quite a few. I'm in the 30-39 range myself, but the only owners I've noticed around town are 60+ (which was depressing lol).
Watch it, Scooter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm actually only 29 and just bought an RTL-E.

Having cross shopped options like the Tacoma, Passport, and 4Runner, ride quality, price, and features had a lot to do with it. Being a new homeowner, an open bed helps a ton. Who actually off roads their truck? not me. And I still have my 2015 GTI for fun several times a week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Most people dont understand that statistically, car owners across the board are on average older. For example, the average Honda Civic buyer is in their mid-40's even though the car is generally associated with people 18-24.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts