Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
According to Aha's website it does. You connect the Aha app on your phone through the HondaLink app. It doesn't work without your phone as Honda's system isn't connected and doesn't play third party apps.

From Aha website:

Create your own, completely unique driving experience, as a world of information and media streams directly to your dashboard.

Aha works seamlessly with Honda’s latest advances in on-board connectivity, HondaLink™. With the HondaLink featuring Aha™ app you can stream music, information, social media and other data services, through any compatible iPhone or Android device.

Simply download the HondaLink featuring Aha app, available for iOS and Android, and associate your Honda ID with an Aha account to access the wealth of content HondaLink provides. Tens of thousands of stations, from a wide range of content providers and formats, are all available in one place. Stay connected in your Honda vehicle like never before, with HondaLink.

·
Premium Member
2022 WBE in Southern Florida
2,008 Posts
Wow. Talk about a blast from the past. That song was released just after my birthday in 1984. Have listened to it probably a thousand times. Never once saw the video until tonight. Thanks for turning my head! (She was hawt, too!)

Aha.

They did that cool hand drawn video about the greaser and the motorcycle racers?

"Take on me".

Still one of the top 10 videos of all time.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,829 Posts
Reactions: F6Hawk

·
Premium Member
2022 WBE in Southern Florida
2,008 Posts
I know. And I feel so... silly? Like I missed out, because I never saw it in my youth. And MTV was actually a music video channel that showed such things. Like Hall and Oates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This capability requires the HondaLink Aha app be installed on phone rather than the plain HondaLink version. The description of this app states that it only works with HondaLink 1st generation and lists several 2013&14 Honda models but not the Ridgeline 2G as I assume it does not have the 1st generation of HondaLink. Therefore, I am doubtful (without having tried it) that it will work. Perhaps Honda will put out a new version of their HondaLink Aha app which supports additional HondaLink versions. I will try asking them and get back if I get an answer.

·
Administrator
24,350 Posts
This capability requires the HondaLink Aha app be installed on phone rather than the plain HondaLink version. The description of this app states that it only works with HondaLink 1st generation and lists several 2013&14 Honda models but not the Ridgeline 2G as I assume it does not have the 1st generation of HondaLink. Therefore, I am doubtful (without having tried it) that it will work. Perhaps Honda will put out a new version of their HondaLink Aha app which supports additional HondaLink versions. I will try asking them and get back if I get an answer.
I'm beginning to think Aha Radio is a dead/dying feature for Honda. The list of Honda vehicles on Aha's website is at least two years out of date. Like I say, my 2016 CR-V had the Aha app built in.

Honda has a video explaining how to use the built-in Aha Radio app on a 2016 Pilot. My brother's 2016 Civic Touring had Aha Radio as well, but neither my 2017 Ridgeline or Civic Si do - even though the Ridgeline's system is the "same" as the Pilot's and my 2017 Civic Si's system is the "same" as the 2016 Civic Touring's. Perhaps Honda ended support for Aha Radio with 2016 models?

·
Registered
961 Posts
I know. And I feel so... silly? Like I missed out, because I never saw it in my youth. And MTV was actually a music video channel that showed such things. Like Hall and Oates.
If you like the award winning original video, you'll enjoy the literal version:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HE9OQ4FnkQ

You'll never look at a pipe wrench the same way again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm beginning to think Aha Radio is a dead/dying feature for Honda. The list of Honda vehicles on Aha's website is at least two years out of date. Like I say, my 2016 CR-V had the Aha app built in.

Honda has a video explaining how to use the built-in Aha Radio app on a 2016 Pilot. My brother's 2016 Civic Touring had Aha Radio as well, but neither my 2017 Ridgeline or Civic Si do - even though the Ridgeline's system is the "same" as the Pilot's and my 2017 Civic Si's system is the "same" as the 2016 Civic Touring's. Perhaps Honda ended support for Aha Radio with 2016 models?

I was told it's not supported in the civic or the Ridgelines until 2020

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.