Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone... I own a 2019 Ridgeline with most of the bells and whistles. Recently my wife hit a tire on the highway. 2 flat tires and a seat belt retractor had to be replaced. Now the Air Bag Sensor light is on (indicating that the air bags are not on) but my mechanic has fixed everything but cannot get the code to shut off the ABS light. Dealers will not give him the code.

Does anyone know the code or how to get the code, other than paying an arm and a leg for a dealer to shut it off? Everything else works. Just need to shut off the Air Bag Sensor lwarning light.

·
Administrator
23,712 Posts
How
Greetings everyone... I own a 2019 Ridgeline with most of the bells and whistles. Recently my wife hit a tire on the highway. 2 flat tires and a seat belt retractor had to be replaced. Now the Air Bag Sensor light is on (indicating that the air bags are not on) but my mechanic has fixed everything but cannot get the code to shut off the ABS light. Dealers will not give him the code.

Does anyone know the code or how to get the code, other than paying an arm and a leg for a dealer to shut it off? Everything else works. Just need to shut off the Air Bag Sensor lwarning light.
Go buy one of the many scan tools that read and reset SRS codes such as a BlueDriver.

How do you know your mechanic fixed everything?

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E, Lunar Silver Metallic
991 Posts

Is that your Anti-lock Braking System light? You may be trying to find the incorrect reset and the problem is your mechanic messed up the ABS sensors at the wheels. Seems to fit the situation where she caused enough havoc in the area of two tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that your Anti-lock Braking System light? You may be trying to find the incorrect reset and the problem is your mechanic messed up the ABS sensors at the wheels. Seems to fit the situation where she caused enough havoc in the area of two tires.
Its the air bag light... the little guy sitting with the balloon in his face icon.

How

Go buy one of the many scan tools that read and reset SRS codes such as a BlueDriver.

How do you know your mechanic fixed everything?
The air bags did not go off. He fixed everything else and I've trusted him for many years. Never had a problem with him. More trustworthy than the other mechanics I had. He said everything works except for shutting off the air bag icon light... I would imagine my mechanic has the scan tools to reset the SRS...

Maybe this will help:
Thanks, I will give it a shot...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.