Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done an air bag suspension setup on a RL yet. It should be pretty easy. I'm thinking about doing it.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
While this is a popular install on "normal" pickup trucks (I looked seriously into this on my Dodge Cummins 2500), this has been discussed on the ROC. The issue at hand is the independent suspension in the rear and the effect on the geometry that the airbag system would have on the suspension parts. I'd wait for a major manufacturer to come out with a kit (if it ever happens, I'd be surprised) before trying this. Having an accident w/ your Ridge in which the suspension was modified and then YOU are the one to be blamed for the mods, would NOT be good.

Just my 2 cents. I'd wait for the aftermarket body kits and leave the suspension alone (after all, why ruin such a great ride?)

-ridgeln

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
mentallyabused said:
Has anyone done an air bag suspension setup on a RL yet. It should be pretty easy. I'm thinking about doing it.
Go for it, ma.;)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
DoctorJ said:
With the springs integrated with the shock/strut, how would you installed airbags? It would have to replace the entire unit versus just the spring.
That's exactly the problem - if it's thought that not having air suspension is a problem in the first place.
The coil over shock / strut design would have to be replaced with a bag and seperate shock along side it. The amount of re-engineering required would be prohibitive.

Anyone who wants air should have bought a Land Rover - which incidentally has many owners converted back to springs because the bags fail around 50k and are exspensive to replace.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
mentallyabused said:
Is it true you'll be able to jump 20 feet with air suspension :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I banned my mother-in-law from the back seat. Is that an air bag suspension?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have bought a set of air struts bags for the rear. still a little scared to install. my rl is after all my only means of transportation. if the rear goes smoothly i might throw some on the front. i'll keep u posted!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Webwader said:
I banned my mother-in-law from the back seat. Is that an air bag suspension?
Man Web! Let's hope your M-in L is not a forum reader! You'd be in the dog house for sure!!:D :p :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts