Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Air conditioner intermittently cooler

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Shineaholic 
#1 ·
Wouldn't notice this except the vents are pointed at my hands on the driving wheel. It seems like the ac blows colder for a few seconds then cooler but not warm then repeats the cycle. Just wondering if I should do something or if this is normal. Just bought this truck and am hoping I don't have problems from the start. I have had similar problems with other vehicles but the issues were usually several years old before they started.

#13 ·
Did not see this post either! My eco button is on all the time, I will have to check the AC with the Eco off. Thanks for the info.
It hasn't been that hot so far this year and the AC is enough to keep it comfortable and I like it cold. I HATE summer.

#9 ·
Sadly don't think the Ridgelines AC is going to compete with the older systems. Just went and checked it against my 14 year old BMW that uses 134A. Temp in Vegas right now is 75 degrees and 16% humidity. There was almost a 10 degree difference at the vents (45 vs. 36), couldn't believe it was that dramatic. Oh well, that's progress for you ?

Attachments

#10 ·
Thanks for posting your measurements TheMagician. 45 is pretty marginal as a minimum, but I guess it could be worse.

R134a isn't being phased out until the 2021 model year. I was gong to ask why Honda has already switched but I don't suppose it matters. What is Honda using? That 1234YF stuff, which the German automakers refuse to use because it's flammable and can ignite in a frontal collision?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.