Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I test drove two RTLs the other day and both seemed to have very week air conditioners. It was 95 outside which is a cool spring day here in South Texas. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
:cool: I am in tucson, Az and it was 107 today( according to my in dash temp gage) and I wish tha ac had a little more kick but after 5-8 minutes of steady driving it starts to work good and after 15 minutes I turn it half way down.
I do not have any window tinting or sun screen and that affects the interior temp because it is parked in the sun all day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Florida gulf coast here. I wish my GMC van's a/c worked as well as my Ridge. I seem to be very comfortable in just minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
I live in South Texas as well and my A/C works very well. Yesterday the themp. got up to 101 and the humidity was high as well. My A/C works great and cools down very quickely. No complants here.

Tiger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
EVERYBODY needs to realize the fact that r12 is no longer used as a refrigerant in vehicles made for the US. The days of having COLD air come out of the vents on ANY new car are gone. I personally thought my Ridge was very cool compared to my Honda Passport (made by Isuzu).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
doubledutyemt said:
EVERYBODY needs to realize the fact that r12 is no longer used as a refrigerant in vehicles made for the US. The days of having COLD air come out of the vents on ANY new car are gone. I personally thought my Ridge was very cool compared to my Honda Passport (made by Isuzu).
You are right about R12 being banned in most countries, including the USA. However, R134 (the ozone friendly freon) is very close to R12 properties (within 1 or 2 psi suction pressure). If you can get 30 to 40 deg F drop in the cab, your AC is doing a great job. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
crghill said:
Hi,

I test drove two RTLs the other day and both seemed to have very week air conditioners. It was 95 outside which is a cool spring day here in South Texas. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!
if you have a thermometer that you can use to put in the vents, run the ac on med low or low for about 5-10 minutes while driving. if temp is 57 or below, air is cold and doing fine. (sorry, forgot to mention to turn ac setting on the "LO" setting as well) if you can, try this and it will ease your mind. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
My air works like a champ even through our little mid 90's heat spell, in fact it may work better than some as the white paint does not hold the heat like darker colors do !! YEAH !! WHITE ROCKS !! :D

Uh... yea my air works good :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
just went through a heat spell here ac cooled me right down ..... wifey was complaining it was tooooooo cold in truck :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
I am very satisfied with the A/C. The other day was very humid, I had the A/C blasting with recycle on. When I got out of the truck, my glasses fogged over to the point I could see nothing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
My AC works great in the Heat and Humidity of the south. Never once crossed my mind about the AC not cooling well. so it's good :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
Absolutely no issue with my Ridgeline keeping me cool. In fact, I need to turn the vents around the steering wheel to keep my hands from freezing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
crghill said:
...I test drove two RTLs the other day and both seemed to have very week air conditioners. It was 95 outside which is a cool spring day here in South Texas...
We're in the upper 90's also, but no A/C problems here.

Maybe you experienced a couple of trucks that had been sitting in the sun, maybe w/moonroofs exposed? It could take a long time for ANY A/C system to cool-down a vehicle whose interior components became completely "loaded-up" with heat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
True, if your truck has been in the sun and is extremely hot in the interior you may want to crank that air way down and open the rear window and lift the sunroof if you have one to let heat out. This may help cool it down faster. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
bellteck said:
True, if your truck has been in the sun and is extremely hot in the interior you may want to crank that air way down and open the rear window and lift the sunroof if you have one to let heat out. This may help cool it down faster. :cool:
absolutely.......i leave my door open, roll window down and turn ac up when i first enter my rl after sitting in the sun...........very prudent and affective approach to cooling that sucker off before shifting into drive.......then i can turn the air down to low fan and im on my way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Don't forget the helpful cool-down quick tip built right into your ignition key!

Press once to unlock driver's door, press and HOLD the second time to unlock the passenger doors AND roll down all the windows.

This works if you put the key in the lock and unlock the doors the old fashioned way too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
EBone said:
Don't forget the helpful cool-down quick tip built right into your ignition key!

Press once to unlock driver's door, press and HOLD the second time to unlock the passenger doors AND roll down all the windows.

This works if you put the key in the lock and unlock the doors the old fashioned way too.
OH YEAAAAAAA!!! THATS RIGHT :cool: GRACIAS EBONE......GRACIAS. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
I like the feature that if you hold the unlock on the remote it rolls down the windows. I live in Houston and I have sat in my Ridge and the temp guage was at 102, if you roll the windows down and let out the hot air. i have noticed it cools way faster. Good luck.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top