Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
Howdy!

The HVAC looses pressure but very very slow, it passed the garage test, they told me that cannot find any leak. Apparently may be a compressor leak through the seals but very slow not detecting by the sensors and not through the die test. However, I am fine with that for now, I have to recharge it every two months (during summer).

What I did wrong: The Air cond worked almost fine, cold air but not so cold, I had low pressure (checking on the dial meter). So I put one more can of refrigerant and it was too much, I lose the pressure a bit but I noticed that before to lower the pressure, the clutch wanted to engage for a seconds and then disconnects. Apparently it has some protection when the pressure is too high.

What happened: After lowering the pressure, the clutch engaged and worked fine, cold air. After driving about 20-30 km, I noticed it blows warm air. Checked the pressure and it was again way too high! Lowered to the proper levels but the clutch does not engage anymore. Where to start troubleshooting?

I have done the HVAC self troubleshooting as per the technical manual and the display ends to be OFF and that means there are no problems detected. Also checking all the sensor temperature seems to be OK, no errors (by pressing Auto and Recirculating at start).
I have also checked all the fuses as per the manual (two 7,5A under the hood and under dash, the 30A for the clutch) and the HVAC compressor relay located in the fuse box. I am not sure what to do next.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The spring time is here and I still have problem with the AC. Could anyone please suggest how to repair it or what to look for?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Hi,
Howdy!

The HVAC looses pressure but very very slow, it passed the garage test, they told me that cannot find any leak. Apparently may be a compressor leak through the seals but very slow not detecting by the sensors and not through the die test. However, I am fine with that for now, I have to recharge it every two months (during summer).

What I did wrong: The Air cond worked almost fine, cold air but not so cold, I had low pressure (checking on the dial meter). So I put one more can of refrigerant and it was too much, I lose the pressure a bit but I noticed that before to lower the pressure, the clutch wanted to engage for a seconds and then disconnects. Apparently it has some protection when the pressure is too high.

What happened: After lowering the pressure, the clutch engaged and worked fine, cold air. After driving about 20-30 km, I noticed it blows warm air. Checked the pressure and it was again way too high! Lowered to the proper levels but the clutch does not engage anymore. Where to start troubleshooting?

I have done the HVAC self troubleshooting as per the technical manual and the display ends to be OFF and that means there are no problems detected. Also checking all the sensor temperature seems to be OK, no errors (by pressing Auto and Recirculating at start).
I have also checked all the fuses as per the manual (two 7,5A under the hood and under dash, the 30A for the clutch) and the HVAC compressor relay located in the fuse box. I am not sure what to do next.
definitely have a slow leak somewhere in the system if your loosing that much Freon in two months. First of you need the compressor to run to check for leaks so, find the electrical connector on the compressor and dis connect it, jump the terminals on the compressor to make sure it runs, if it doesn't you may need a new compressor, if it does run you have another issue with the wiring, either the switch, a fuse or a relay,once you get the compressor running, you can take either soapy water or a Freon leak detector and check each connection to find the leak, if it still not found check you condenser to see if it's leaking anywhere, something may have hit it and put a pin hole in it. good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts