Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an air fuel ratio gauge that shows the stoichemical mixture of the exhaust gases? I had one in my V6 Ford Ranger and it was invaluable in monitoring engine performance. It reads the voltage output of the left and right oxygen sensors and converts it to an electronic readout. Autometer product #7175. I need to know the location and colors of the wires that feed the central management computer to tap into the signal from the stock oxygen sensors. Also if anyone has good advice on mounting such a meter (2 1/16" dia.) that would be helpful. My unit is 2013 RTS.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Pretty sure the stock system uses wideband O2 sensors which send 0-5v. A narrowband gauge (like the one you linked to) is expecting a narrowband sensor which outputs 0-1v. It would peg the gauge out and may actually kill it.

I don't see much value in monitoring AFRs on a car I'm not going to tune. There are usually several other things that are more important.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,348 Posts
I don't see much point in AF gauge when you can get something like this
and use your phone to tell you just about everything you might want to know about what is going on. I don't know if they actually have an "AF" gauge in the phone App but you can look at front and rear bank fuel trims, compute instantaneous gas mileage, and a gazzilion other things.
Things have undoubtedly changed a whole lot since you had a AF gauge on your Ranger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys, I wasn't sold on the idea going in. The last time I put one in was a 1999 Ford. The Amazon link looks interesting.

This thread could be closed IMHO. :act030:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts