Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Air Vent Clip

13K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Ridglin3r 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
New to the site, lots of great info, helped me to decide to purchase a Ridgeline. I was wondering if anyone knew what those clips are that direct the hot/cold air out of the blowers inside the cabin. My right side driver's directional clip broke the other day and I have been searching the internet for a couple hours trying to figure out which part it is. The vent will swivel side to side, but not up and down. The clip is still there, but it looks as though the back part which controls the up/down movement is broken. I have a 2011 RT bali blue. If anyone can direct me to the correct part/site I can get one from I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
#3 ·
1) go to www.Bernardiparts.com
2) honda parts and Ridgeline (obviously)
3) at the options on the top go to option 4 and put in your vehicle info (year, trim, etc.)
4) Right below option 4 a pink box now opens for input
5) in that pink box select "interior/bumper"
6) then select "instrument panel garnish"

I think you want one of these parts:

77620-SJC-A02ZD OUTLET ASSY., R. PASSENGER
77625-SJC-A02ZD OUTLET ASSY., L. PASSENGER
77206-SJC-A02ZC OUTLET, L.

they run $20-$40 depending on which you need. But your looking up the part numbers will be more accurate since you know the interior color and will see the parts diagram via the steps above

#4 ·
I've posted in a few threads how the plastic clip came flying onto my lap from the driverside vent a few weeks after owning my new RL. I kept the plastic clip and just thought I'd have the dealer reinstall it when I go in for my free-first oil change soon.

But if the piece I have is not broken and I can just reinstall it myself, that'd be great. Also, if its necessary to remove dashboard or large parts of it just to reinstall this clip; I'd rather live with it this way than possibly cause dashboard noises afterwards. I've not looked inside the vent to see how this peice goes back in or even if the piece I have is the whole part or only a broken piece of it.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for anybody who does a DIY of this fix .

#6 ·
Hey thanks for that; hope OP comes back to see it too.

But GAH! bothers me that so many here have had this same problem. I thought it was a pretty rare and isolated issue for this to take place in my RL. So I didn't do a search thinking I'd not find anything such as this. Just bothersome to me that it occured even more than once.

Then again, we all do own RL's so common problems are sure to exist here. But this little piece coming off for some others like mine did, a little annoying.

YET AGAIN, so glad to find a DIY on this site for even this repair.
RL-ers Rock! :act035:

#12 ·
Let us know how this works out. I've got a bad vent in the front just to the right of the instrument panel. No up down movement unless I put a pen in the louvers and move them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.