Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The two center dashboard vents and the rear console vent is not blowing out any air. The two outside dashboard ones are as well as the floor. Any one have any ideas on how to fix this? If so, is it simple or should I take it in to the shop for repair? FYI: 2006 Ridgeline RTS w/ climate control. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
First off, how long have you had the truck?

Second of all, did you hit the mode button on the climate control consul? I know it's a dumb question but it needs to be asked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 RTS, and the vents were not blowing that hard at all. What I did was went to an auto store like pep boys and bought a cabin air filter for around $15. They work great now and the air blows hard in them now. You will have to go into the glove box and remove two pins that allow the glove box to drop all the way down, then the cabin air filter will be right there. Pull it out and replace the filter, more than likely your old one will be filthy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had the truck now for about 2 yrs. It's an '06' RTS. The cabin filter has been changed recently so I know it's not that. I also have played with the modes but still no luck. Someone told me it could be a stuck accuator (sp??), however I don't know where these are at or how to get to them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm actually experiecing the same problem with my '07 RTL...

I'm hoping it is a fuse or something minor to fix. Hoping to not have to take it into the dealer as it is out of warrantly now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2-week-old 2012 RTL that I bought with 500 miles on it. It's got the same problem and is going into the shop on Wednesday.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
You can do the diagnostics on the HVAC controller yourself - there's at least one thread here with the instructions.

Chip H.

·
Administrator
18,553 Posts
1. The HVAC controller isn't sending voltage to the mode door actuator motor.
2. The mode door actuator is mechanically broken.
3. The mode door actuator motor isn't working.

Most likely, it's 2, but could be 3. I doubt if it's 1. Diagnostics should be ran through the HVAC control head which will cycle each of the 4 actuators (mode, recirculate, driver blend, passenger blend). If the mode door actuator doesn't respond, check for voltage from the HVAC control head to the actuator motor. If there is voltage, replace the actuator. If there is no voltage, replace the control head. There are instructions on here to run the HVAC diagnostics. I can't help off hand with voltage and location specifics since I don't have access to a service manual.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I know some of this thread is old...but no one mentioned the wheel between the vents that turns off the air flow. I bump it with my arm when reaching into the back. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts