Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Alarm not working? RTL 2010

Tags
alarm
1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  smufguy 
#1 ·
Hello everybody?

I just had my RL broken for the second time. I was wondering why I couln't hear the alarm going on so I decided to test. Seems like something could be off as I can 'lock' the car, see the red light in the dashboard blinking and literally open the doors, start the truck and well... do everything normal. I have no idea if I ever had an alarm to be honest in any case I'm thinking I'll buy a new viper alarm system. My lock has been broken twice already in 6 months span so I guess I'll leave it broken, hopefully my battery won't die anytime soon. Thanks for your help and comments!

#2 ·
You could diagnose why the security system is not arming itself.
When you close all the doors and hoot, press panic on the button, does it do anything?
- My RT used to blare its horn.
Leave a door open and hit lock and see what happens.
- my 2010 RT will honk rapidly to let me know it is not locked.

If you want to get it diagnosed by a reputable shop that installs electronics, remote start and security systems, then it would be wise. You can also check the dealer prior to the aftermarket, but I am sure the bill will be high just to diagnose the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.