Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
14,013 Posts
I’m going to keep all my paperwork because I think eventually there is going to be a recall on this.
THE GOOD NEWS IS...I have had my truck back for a week now and NO ISSUES.
My suggestion to all who are having this problem is to recommend to your service department at your dealer to start with the CMU.
Recalls are for safety-related issues. An alarm that goes off unexpectedly while the vehicle is parked is simply a nuisance.

Just to clarify...

"CMU" = Connectivity Master Unit - Mazda's term for "infotainment system"

"MICU" = Multiplex Integrated Control Unit - Honda's name for the "computer" that controls interior and exterior lighting, windows, horns, wipers, alarms, and turn signals.

Glad your issue seems to be resolved!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Recalls are for safety-related issues. An alarm that goes off unexpectedly while the vehicle is parked is simply a nuisance.

Just to clarify...

"CMU" = Connectivity Master Unit - Mazda's term for "infotainment system"

"MICU" = Multiplex Integrated Control Unit - Honda's name for the "computer" that controls interior and exterior lighting, windows, horns, wipers, alarms, and turn signals.

Glad your issue seems to be resolved!
Correct. MICU everyone.
Zrog you called it. I wish I hadn’t done the key module and instead gone straight to MICU.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Loving the 2020 RTL-E, which I purchased Feb. 15. I do have one issue, and I see it seems to be a little common: the alarm goes off randomly. So far the dealer has replaced the master switch in the door, and it was quiet for a week. Then it started again at 6 a.m. today. I'm not confident the dealer will be able to fix it based on the very limited knowledge I have of electronics, but I love a good puzzle. Odd thing: It only goes off when it's parked in the driveway, close to the house, and only overnight. Probably just coincidence, but who knows. I welcome any thoughts/suggestions, and I hope to provide updates. Thanks, and I'm glad I found this group.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alarm went off on it's own 2 days ago and then my 2018 RTL-E would not start this morning. Replaced the FOB battery last week. Past couple of days, the remote start would not work. Now I know why. Battery was completely dead this morning. Jumped it and drove it to the Honda dealer where I bought it. 15k miles on it. I was hoping it was just the battery but after an hour, advisor came out and said it's the Control Unit. part# 38320T6ZA31. Battery would not hold a charge so they pulled the codes. To my shock and horror, he said the part is on national backorder with no ETA. said it could be a week or a month. Offered me a CRV as a loaner. What choice did I have? Took the loaner. They replaced a fuel injector last year. Cigarette lighter only works 50% of the time so they're going to look at that too. It's still under the original warranty but I'm glad I purchased the HondaCare extended warranty.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts