2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
CCDAstro, made Sticky thread and provided more naming information

Seems like the most important topic on the G2 section currently

If you want anything else PM me

·
Registered
6 Posts
All the warning lights came on yesterday. Second time this happened. First time was the day I drove it off the lot. This time I couldn't even shut off the vehicle. Drove it right to the dealership. Unbelievable!!!!!!

It has rained the past two days. The recall came right up on their computer. Got an alert on my phone today. It's out there folks. And the dealership thinks I'm stupid. "Oh you are the first person with this problem". I'm like really then why is there a recall.

I keep saying in my head "I should have listened to my father in law, I should have listened to my father in law. Don't buy a vehicle in it's first year. Let them get the kinks out."

Not looking good on replacement parts. At least a week away.

Also, after you get your first oil change make sure they do that right. Mine was leaking oil the day after. Since July truck has been to the shop overnight 3 times.

·
Registered
376 Posts
So Honda has sold over 35,000 Gen 2 Ridgeline in the US and we have fourteen reports out of 140 respondents of the AWD system problems in this poll.
This won't even be an issue in a couple more months.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
So Honda has sold over 35,000 Gen 2 Ridgeline in the US and we have fourteen reports out of 140 respondents of the AWD system problems in this poll.
This won't even be an issue in a couple more months.
If it was such a low count problem there wouldn't be a tsb and pending recall. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
It's all representative. You can't say there has only been 14 failures out of 35,000 sold. What's represented here? Maybe 100 G2's? That's a 14% failure rate, something that if Honda didn't pay attention to the media certainly would. I could even see it leading to a downgraded rating in Consumer Reports and other automotive review columns.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bud. I had the same problem with my 2017 sport....repeatedly. Dash would light up like a Christmas tree, engine in limp mode, no cruise. Sometimes turning off and on again would reset, sometimes not. They did the recall on it. First problems were before 5000 KM. They took it back for a month and replaced injectors and a bunch of other stuff.

I just gave it back to them as a lemon. Now have a 2018 SPORT. Hoping I don't have the same problems. Opted for a tonneau cover immediately to help with moisture. I live in Canada and park in a heated garage.

I felt the same way on the 1st model year debate. At least my dealer took care of me after 16,000 km of non stop problems.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have been really confused about how a 2nd Generation Vehicle could be so rotten compared to the 1st Gen... I think I figured it out IT'S MADE IN AMERICA!!!
The Hippies made us lazy and gave us "rights" which trumped personal pride in our workmanship, as a result America Stopped building good cars in the early 70's... The 90's brought on the elimination of quality education, in exchange for a dumbing down needed if America was ever going to become another Europeon Country...
The 1st Gen was made in Canada, which was a part of MY decision for buying it, In Fact, being my first LOOK at Hondas, I checked where ALL the models were made and remember thinking "This one's made in Alabama, I'd never buy that"... Evidently they expanded or changed the plant to build 2nd Gen Ridgelines...
In Japan, Workers have/had to sign their work with a stamp, any problems and their whole family is/was fired, That's how Japanese Cars got to be the best built so quickly...
Maybe in a few years, we'll get our "Pride In Workmanship" back, but not right now... All American Workers care about right now is getting through the day and picking up the paycheck...
Condolences Honda... Happy Birthday 242, America...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
376 Posts
Almost like somebody wants the truck to appear to have an ongoing issue.

Reactions: brentjs121

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
We may have had an issue just this week, unless either of you can confirm every 2017 has had this issue resolved, I am leaving it STUCK. I did rename since it only applies to 2017 vehicles.

Here’s one thread, “Transmission System Issues" No Reverse and I am fairly certain I have seen another in the last month.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you for leaving this sticky up. I'm looking to buy an RTL-E and I am looking at used and new so I appreciate the sticky. It sounds like a major issue I'd rather be aware of.

·
Registered
2017 BE
123 Posts
Thank you for leaving this sticky up. I'm looking to buy an RTL-E and I am looking at used and new so I appreciate the sticky. It sounds like a major issue I'd rather be aware of.
I recently bought a 1 owner 20k mile used 17 Black Edition from a GM dealer and this recall hasn't been addressed yet!
I'll take it in next week.

Thanks for the post...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts