Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered Honda part number 38200 - SJC - A12 last week thru my local dealership and after waitting a week, was told yesterday this part is on backorder and no indication of a ship date. Anyone else having any luck? And has anyone had it installed yet? If so, does it work as hoped? Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
774 Posts
Re: All doors to unlock when placed in "ParK"

Yes it works. Had mine installed today. I have a longer post in another thread with more details.

·
Registered
319 Posts

I started a new post for you Bonerep. Being a pioneer and all I thought others would like to see.

·
Registered
774 Posts

Just got my ridge home from the dealer today. YES it works. I have to program the doors to auto lock, but I'm sure that will work too. Unfortunately because my dealer couldn't find an official TSB I had to pay some costs. $24.95 for the A12 and 2 hrs labor @ 70/hr. They also gave me a loaner for the day. BTW it took 4 hrs to do the install. ( First one ) At first they told me it didn't work and I told them leave it in if everything else work. Then go find a post 09 ridge quickstart guide and follow those instructions. About 20mins later they called and said it works. Dummy me I should have told them to program the doors to auto lock. Was it worth it YES. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
123 Posts

I just spoke with the district manager this morning. There is NO TSB for the all doors unlock, but Honda is writing a Service News Article for December that will be out soon.

What this means? It's all ATTITUDE, if the service manager at your dealership and the district manager want to be good guys they, "might " do the fix under (GOOD WILL).
Again its all attitude with the Honda people. I have gotten the feeling they breath better air than the rest of us.

Good luck to all and keep checking for the Service news article with you dealer.

A Merry Christmas to all.

Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts

Took my RL in today 10-31-06 to get the modification installed. I didn't write down the part number so it didn't happen. Now with the part number in hand (thanks) I will try calling in the morning and see if they are still throwing up their hands. It's only 120 miles round trip to Yakima,WA.:mad: Honda should have fixed this on all the first run RL's
UPDATE
END OF STORY: Honda said ok to fixing this issue and was fixed on 12/08/06 at no cost!
Another happy ending. Thanks Bob Hall's Honda @ Yakima,WA.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts

kc7wxy said:
Took my RL in today 10-31-06 to get the modification installed. I didn't write down the part number so it didn't happen. Now with the part number in hand (thanks) I will try calling in the morning and see if they are still throwing up their hands. It's only 120 miles round trip to Yakima,WA.:mad: Honda should have fixed this on all the first run RL's
I bet they won't have the part in stock. Better get them to order it before you drive the 120 miles.

·
Registered
400 Posts

I have an 07 with the same issue, the build date was 10-3-06...I think I did read I could reprogram it in the owners manual. I will have to check. If not--I guess I am in the same boat???

·
Registered
241 Posts

I don't remember the exact sequence, but it's very easy and spelled out in the little laminated, spiral bound booklet that came with my 'O7. Took a few seconds and works great. :)

·
Registered
299 Posts

I have an 06. Should I assume that I would need a special part an order to get the doors programmed to auto unlock when the ignition is turned off?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

jayg287 said:
I have an 06. Should I assume that I would need a special part an order to get the doors programmed to auto unlock when the ignition is turned off?
Don't assume you need the A12 fuse box..Check your RL build date.

If the build date on your RL is after Sept, 2005, you can program your auto door unlock. Look in your manual, or do a search in this forum for the instructions. My RL build date is 03/06..I have mine set to lock when shifting out of park, and unlock when placing shifter into park.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

I found this posted in another thread.

To unlock doors when the shift lever is moved to PARK:

1. Make sure the shift lever is in Park
2. Close the driver’s door
3. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II)
4. Push and hold the rear of the master door lock switch on the driver’s door. You will hear a clicking sound. Continue to hold down the switch:
- until you hear one click (about 5 seconds) to unlock the driver’s door
- until you hear a second click (another 5 seconds) to unlock all doors
5. Release the door lock switch and turn the ignition to LOCK (0) within 5 seconds.

·
Registered
299 Posts

RRIDER said:
I found this posted in another thread.

To unlock doors when the shift lever is moved to PARK:

1. Make sure the shift lever is in Park
2. Close the driver’s door
3. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II)
4. Push and hold the rear of the master door lock switch on the driver’s door. You will hear a clicking sound. Continue to hold down the switch:
- until you hear one click (about 5 seconds) to unlock the driver’s door
- until you hear a second click (another 5 seconds) to unlock all doors
5. Release the door lock switch and turn the ignition to LOCK (0) within 5 seconds.
That's great. I was not aware of this issue until I stumbled upon the thread. I mean, I new it could be reprogrammed but I didn't realize there were some RL's out there that couldn't. I'll check it out tonght. Thanks for the instructions.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Thats exactly the right procedure, took me a couple of tries but finally got it to work... So when you put in park all doors unlock and when you take out of park all doors lock,: great feature.:D

·
Registered
237 Posts

Hey all,
since we're on the subject, can someone tell me where they bought the A12 fuse box from for forty dollars and change? I saw a post somewhere in the big unlocking thread that indicated that price. My local stealer wants 86.18 for the part. Any help would be appreciated. I have checked with both of the main Honda dealers here in SLC and they have been told not to replace the fusebox under warranty. They tell me its because it was a CPO.

TIA, Dane:)

·
Registered
299 Posts

gr8daneh said:
Hey all,
since we're on the subject, can someone tell me where they bought the A12 fuse box from for forty dollars and change? I saw a post somewhere in the big unlocking thread that indicated that price. My local stealer wants 86.18 for the part. Any help would be appreciated. I have checked with both of the main Honda dealers here in SLC and they have been told not to replace the fusebox under warranty. They tell me its because it was a CPO.

TIA, Dane:)
I seem to remember someone saying they got it from H&A but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts

since we're on the subject, can someone tell me where they bought the A12 fuse box from for forty dollars and change? I saw a post somewhere in the big unlocking thread that indicated that price. My local stealer wants 86.18 for the part.
When Honda first released the A12 fuse block, it had a very low price on it, but after a very short time the price changed to its current price.

·
Registered
237 Posts

ah, thanks guys for the responses. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts

RRIDER said:
My RL build date is 03/06..I have mine set to lock when shifting out of park, and unlock when placing shifter into park.
I have attempted to set my '07 RTL for locking when driving (the manual says it locks at about 9 mph) and to unlock when placed in park. I have not had any success getting this combination to work. Has anyone else had a problem with re-programming to accomplish this combination? I followed the instructions in the little quick guide, but still no luck yet. I can read and my wife says I follow directions pretty well......

·
Registered
9 Posts

Here's what I did....using advice from streetwerkzclothing on another thread I started, I went into the truck, followed the procedures for unlocking all doors when the vehicle is placed in park. However, instead of waiting for a second "click", I waited until I heard a third click and then turned the key to the "0" position. It worked for me.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts