Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with Costco's premium c-wheels? I'm pricing out winter wheels and tires, and trying to decide whether to save the money and go with Costco or spend the extra $600 to go with Honda dealer selling Konig wheels (no OEM Enkeis for this particular dealer). From my google searches, apparently there is really not many reviews/discussion about Costco wheels on the interwebs.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I guess we would need to know what brand of wheels Costco is selling, then we could find the value and quality rating of the wheels they sell. My personal feeling on this is, I would buy a take off set, I checked my local Craigslist in my area and found many sets that came off new Ridgelines that were like new in the $300-$400 range. Some even say the Pilot wheels will also fit the Ridgeline, there were many more Pilot wheels available them Ridgeline wheels. Maybe one reason for so many takeoffs is that I live in the DFW area in Texas and much more to choose from.

trainman

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes be sure they are Hub-Centric. The round hole in the wheel must be the exact same to fit the cast ring on the brake rotors. This fit helps to support wheel loads as you should never rely on this being done by the lugs only.

I work at a dealership and have seen way too many aftermarket wheels break. Either the wheel is a cheap cast one that is not load rated, or else they buy one that is not hub centric and the lugs wallow out or worse a lug or two break off while vehicle is driving.

Ever notice that there are what seems to be hundreds of unknown wheel brands out there now. Most from China. Trust established name brands to get the metallurgy right and the proper machining for hub centric sizes. If needed, there are spacers made to allow use of a larger bore wheel on a smaller hub flange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts