Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. First timer here. About to take the plunge with a Ridgeline - working things with a dealer. One question though. How difficult would it be to install the alternate grill that is available if I buy it from H&A?

Keep it mind that I'm somewhat handy, but I've never been a "car" guy. I don't take my cars apart because I fear I won't be able to put them back together! :D I read the instructions - looks fairly easy. Just taking the bumper off and putting it back on.

So, how hard is it really? Am I a nutcase for trying it? I don't know what the dealership wants for it yet, but I'm prepared to let it go and install the other grill myself. My wife really likes the Ridgeline, except she HATES the grill. Who am I to argue with her? She rolled her eyes at me for the suggestion I would install the grill myself. Now I'm kind of on a mission. ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Earth... sorry if this reply isnt exactly what you are looking for. but Personaly i agree about the grill. thats why i went for the optional grill. I had mine installed by the dealer with all my other optional accessories. HOWEVER, from reading many different threads on this forum, many will probably follow me in saying, its a BREEZE! I cant say from experience, but look around the forum, search for grill, you may be surprised how much its been talked about. ALSO ive seen different posts of links to the full instructions. Shouldnt be to hard. just do the research and youll be FINE!
ENJOY your truck. Check out my thread, its got my pics with the optional grill. A must have in my book!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard earthgolf! I agree with DABRidgeman333. The optional grille does change the attitude of the Ridgeline. If you have not taken delivery yet, it never hurts to ask the dealer to install it for you as part of the deal. If they donate a few hours of labor it may buy them some very valuable goodwill.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Replacing the grill (or just painting the stock one like I did and saving $$) is something that will only take a "non-car guy type" about a half hour tops to do. As suggested do a search on this forum for the instructions.

Good luck with your new truck, you're going to love it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pointers and information - I really appreciate it. Looking forward to picking mine up in the not so distant future!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome earthgolf,

I put a billet grill on mine and it was a piece of cake. I'm no mechanic either. I usually wind up swearing at the project so much that my wife "begs" me to go have it done. But this was easy. I posted my thoughts a few weeks ago under "Billet Grill". :D

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts