Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't remember reading anything in our forums about this company (DynoLock) that makes tailgate locks: http://dynolock.com/xcart/catalog/Electric-Tailgate-Locks-p-1-c-249.html

Does anybody know anything about this outfit? I understand they are a larger company than BasicKoncepts, and since there have been some comments about the "robustness" of the design & strength of materials on the Basickoncepts product, I was curious if this might be a good alternative? Has anyone had experience with DynoLock, perhaps with other trucks you've owned in the past?

They (DynoLock) are reportedly in the final throws of prototyping & design proofing the Ridgeline product . . . and expect to have product available soon. I have my Basickoncepts combo tailgate lock on order & in transit on it's way to me - should arrive this week - so I'll be able to find out first hand what the product is like (I'll share my experience). I really like the idea of being able to lock the tailgate along with the doors - especially since I'll also soon be installing a lockable tonneau cover (Retrax). I didn't discover DynoLock as an alternate source possibility until today, but am curious about them anyway. Who knows if I might have to "upgrade" someday. Tell us what you know (if anything). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dynoproducts lock has been advertised as 9/1/05 and "soon" and seems like it's going no where. I am very satisfied with basickoncepts manual tailgate lock and would refer you to them if you are looking to get a lock soon.:)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello All,

All Locks where modded after the first post that had those comments. So every lock was re-designed to make our customers happy. Thanks for your in put and enjoy the Holidays

Swishman

·
Registered
492 Posts
swishman said:
Hello All,

All Locks where modded after the first post that had those comments. So every lock was re-designed to make our customers happy. Thanks for your in put and enjoy the Holidays

Swishman
What were the modifications? I would like to know if my manual lock unit has the modifications.

·
Registered
66 Posts
swishman do you have any problem shipping your electric lock set to Canada?

I am going to install a locking tonneu cover soon and would like to add locks to the tail gate....

Thanks...

ALfer

·
Registered
159 Posts
Customs is a pain! but they get there. :)

Alfer said:
swishman do you have any problem shipping your electric lock set to Canada?

I am going to install a locking tonneu cover soon and would like to add locks to the tail gate....

Thanks...

ALfer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts