• white

Votes: 4 16.7%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys think?

Full Aluminum Extruded Piping. Super light weight. Full system weights in at 37lbs with accessories. Available in black or Silver

If you have any comments please let me know. My e-mail is [email protected].

Note: Cross bars shown was 55" only. The system will come with a 64" cross bar.

Attachments

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this time we are not selling this item. We are looking for test vehicles at this time. If anyone is interested please contact us. Must be near NYC. We will need 24 hours with vehicle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like the welded struts over the bolt-ons you had on the last version. Looks more refined and beefier like the TracRac on my last truck. Let us know when its available and the price. I will need one by spring... black will look better on my dark cherry pearl. :D

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
At this time we are not selling this item. We are looking for test vehicles at this time. If anyone is interested please contact us. Must be near NYC. We will need 24 hours with vehicle.
I'm close by but have no need for a ladder rack. I suggest you start a new thread indicating that you are looking for a test vehicle in the area. There should be a few takers.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are actually waiting for some adapters at this time. Hopefully to arrive by 2-12-09. Once we receieve the adapters we wll need test vehicles. Anyone interested we will be giving the kit out for about $300 including installation. We will need the vehicle for at least 12 hours for installation and picture taking. We are vehicle specific so if you're interested please e-mail us a picture of your vehicle. We are located in Brooklyn, NY.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Great new product vantech and very well done. Cheers to your future success and a warm west coast welcome to the ROC.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
great looking rack!

so nice to see some more work-truck accessories for the ridgeline :)

Q: are the front support posts shorter than the back posts?(to account for the gradual rise of teh bed sides towards the cab) just curious if a ladder will be parallel to the ground or slanted up slightly like the bed sides...

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here are 3 pictures i just took. Hopefully it can better explain the height difference and tilt. I also put a right angle ruler there to show the degree of tilt. Check it out. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
How did you afix the rails to the top of the plastic bed caps? Did you use self tapping screws or molly style bolts to go through the metal under the plastic caps? I have done some work on this part of the truck to install a bike rack on these rails and it is a tough install.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
so...did you mean to make the poll say white and black?
or should it be silver and black?
because your 1st pics are silver...and 2nd pics are black :confused:

just curious

Sorry. Totally forgot about your question. Yes the ladders will sit parallel to the ground. It'll look perfect.
actually your pics right before this post answered my Q, good work and thx
How did you afix the rails to the top of the plastic bed caps? Did you use self tapping screws or molly style bolts to go through the metal under the plastic caps? I have done some work on this part of the truck to install a bike rack on these rails and it is a tough install.
guessing he hasnt gotten that far, the rails appear to just be resting on the bed sides...arent you overdue for a brooklyn visit anyway? :)

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are right. It is actually Silver and black. I've been looking at the polls lately and never realized the error.

thanks again!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
guessing he hasnt gotten that far, the rails appear to just be resting on the bed sides...arent you overdue for a brooklyn visit anyway?
If that is the case, he needs to slide the plastic caps off and see what is waiting for him. I suggest he contacts Yakima and inquire about their "crush nut" fastener hardware.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yes. The system sits completely parallel to the ground. I will try to get more pictures for you guys. I do have a picture of a 30 foot ladder on the system so you can see for yourself. Will be posting soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When is the cantilever coming in? i have some long lumber and extensions i really do not want to scratch the roof top. I heard you guys are getting them in, but when? Do you have pictures?? i have the gen1 system will this work?

thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts